Surprise, Concern, Stories, Family

Matthew looked at me, his eyes wide. "A....a....an angel?" he stuttered. I felt myself shaking like a leaf. Matthew reached for his phone slowly. "Matt...please...don't call anyone....don't kill me...." I whispered, terrified. He was shaking just like I had been. "Lea....you lied to us..." Matthew said. I shook my head. "N...n...n...no...I wouldn't....I....I," I forced out, shaking wildly and terrified of what Matthew thinks. I had to explain my life. Suddenly Caleb walked in, he saw me standing there in my underwear. "WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?" he demanded. "I'll explain everything, but it's a long story," I ordered. Slowly, Matthew grabbed Caleb and made him sit on the couch, then sat next to him. "You must promise not to tell anyone, okay?" I questioned. He nodded hesitantly, studying me with his blue eyes. As we watched each other, I began to tell Matthew and Caleb my story, including the things Daemon didn't know.
"Four thousand years? You're the first one any human has actually spoke to in that long?" Matthew questioned. I nodded slowly. Caleb shook his head. "Insane, bloody insane," he muttered. I sighed and stretched my wings. "If you tell anyone, they could have my friends killed, or worse..." I whispered almost silently. Matthew glanced at Caleb and they locked gazes. "Lea, we can help you. We can set you up with a normal life, you just can't let your wings out, okay?" Caleb offered. My eyes widened. "Y...you don't want to kill me?" I questioned, shocked. Matthew shook his head, a look of true concern on his face. "For years, we thought your people were just stories. Now we know, you're real, we aren't going to put you in danger. Anyways, you already feel like family, to trust us even though the odds are against you. Family doesn't hurt family," he explained. A giant smile crept over my face.
Caleb looked at my underwear and shook his head. "But please, put some clothes on!" he begged. I giggled and stretched my wings again. "Oh right, that reminds me, look in here!" Matthew ordered, handing me the black bag. I took the bag and pulled out the contents. Inside the bag was a black dress with a ruffled bottom, a sparkly black belt with a golden buckle, a necklace with a golden pendant hanging from it, and a pair of black flats with a gold decoration on the end that covered my feet. Anything golden was in the shape of the mark of protection that I had sewn into my shirt from Rosa. "I saw you wearing that mark, and thought it looked cool like this. Do you like it?" Matthew asked as he stood up and helped me put the beautiful outfit on. I stared at myself in a mirror from down the hall. "Like it? Matthew I love it!" I replied, hugging my arms around his neck. He tensed slightly then slowly hugged his arms around me, carefully avoiding touching my wings.
"Well, the practice is in ten minutes," Caleb said, glancing down at his phone. Matthew jumped and pulled away from our hug. "Crap, be right back!" he called, as he sprinted down the hall and into his room. Caleb turned to me and frowned. "Lea, I know it might be hard, living in a world you don't know, but if you need to talk to someone a little more mature, I'm always here okay?" he offered, staring at my wings. "Thank you. I know it might not seem it, but I'm eternally grateful. You two are amazing, I'm so glad I met you," I replied softly. With that, Caleb's frown turned to a smile. "I better go get a jacket," I whispered, heading off to the room I was staying in. Swiftly, I grabbed my jacket. As I left the room, Matthew left his room in clean clothes. "Hey Caleb, would you mind giving us a ride?" Matthew requested sweetly. His brother groaned and stood up. "Fine," he sighed, pulling his keys out of his pocket and heading to the front door. With that, I slipped on my new jacket, then Matthew and I hurriedly chased out after Caleb.