CHAPTER 29 (FINAL)

Five years later

My mornings are beautiful, as the first thing I get is a forehead kiss from my rising sun, which followed by a series of kisses. After opening my eyes the first thing I see is the bright, happy face of that sun, my Arun. Every sight of him is a treat for my eyes, as he becomes more and more handsome every day. Every meal with him is a treat, half for his cooking skill half for his care. Every night with him is an ecstasy as he is perfect for my needs. I even enjoy the works like cooking meals, cleaning the house and washing the dishes with him. Either he flirts with me or sings beautiful romantic songs. I do not like those days when he goes out of the city or out of the country for seminars or meetings. But it helps us to appreciate our love even more. Sometimes I too go for meetings in other cities and coming home is always the best part of any tour.

We are not legally married, but we celebrate the date of our ring exchange as our marriage anniversary. Today is our fifth marriage anniversary and it is a Sunday. Last four years we celebrated this day by eating out and watching movies. This year our plan is to go out for the whole day, just two of us.

We go to Purani kila and walk through it. We sit for some time in the ground and watch other families. Some families have children with them. We both love children but cannot have our own. May be someday we can adopt one, till then we can enjoy our togetherness fully. By the way, only one Nabarun is enough to keep me busy in my holidays.

Then we go to the lake and ride a paddle boat. This boat is different from the boat at Snehangshu's uncle's leisure house but I recall that incident. I request him to sing a song.

He says, "I too want to sing a song, but there are outsiders. You make a video of this ride. After going home we will play that video and I will sing a song for you. Is that okay?"

"Are you not comfortable to sing in front of outsiders?"

"I am not trained, I only sing to express my happiness or love."

"But you sing so well. And you sang on that day at Snehangshu's place."

"That day I was calling you by my song. I felt like you were not happy, so I was expressing my love to you."

"So you never sang when you lived with Pratyusha?"

"Never. I was just living for the shake of my responsibilities at that time. I was heartbroken because you left me. I felt that I was worthless as I could not make you happy. I hated myself as I thought that I forcefully made relation with you. And I hated myself more as you said that I was sleeping with your sister."

"I am sorry, it was my fault. But I really thought that you were living happily and I did not want to be the third person in your relation. That's why I went to Dubai."

"Ohh! Your boss did not force you, you went there voluntarily."

"Yes. To keep distance from you."

"Don't do that again. If you ever have any doubt in your mind you should clear it by talking to me."

"I have learned my lesson, I will never make the same mistake again."

"That's good."

"The same thing applies to you too."

"Yes, hubby."

"Did you notice that my name is night but I get the sun whereas my sister's name is dawn but she get the moon. Technically she should be with a sun and I...."

"Do you want a moon?"

"No, I don't." I laugh loudly. "Why should I long for a moon, when the sun himself is present to repel the darkness of my night?"

"I think, I have to work harder to shine more brightly."

And we both laugh while paddling the boat together. May we paddle the boat of our marriage through the river of life together, happily.

A/N: It is previously mentioned, but I would like to say it again.

Nabarun means the rising sun, Nishith means midnight, Pratyusha means dawn/ morning and Rakesh means moon.