CHAPTER 16

I woke up by the sound of my phone. Nabarun was sleeping deeply with his head on my chest while holding me tightly. I smiled and caressed his smooth, beautiful back and he held me more tightly. I touched the mole beside his eyebrow and traced his face with my fingers. My phone rang again and he fluttered his eyelashes. I tried to reach my phone without moving him, but could not. He woke up and I received the phone.

"What are you doing???" Nabarupa shouted angrily, "just send the location before doing that again".

It turned out that Nabarupa and Debesh were already reached Dumdum airport and Nabarun had forgotten to send them the location of the hotel. Nabarupa was calling him for some time, then finally she called me. Nabarun sent them the location, his phone had twelve missed calls and mine had four. Nabarun put his phone aside and looked in my eyes. He rested his forehead on mine and whispered, "it will take them more than one hour to come. Can we do it again? You do it this time, please."

"Me? But you did it so well. Then..."

"Are not we equal in our relationship? And you are a man too. So, do your best."

IT IS NOT LIKE WHAT I READ IN GAY LOVE STORIES.

I could not refuse him anything, I could even give my life to him if he asked for it. When Nabarupa and Debesh came, we were already dressed up.

Nabarupa hugged me and whispered in my ear, "I am sorry, I did not want to disturb your sweet moments. But he forgot to send the location to us."

My ears became hot and I felt shy. I tried to save my integrity, "actually, we were sleeping, so we could not hear the ring of the phone."

"I can understand, brother in law," she patted my back.

"Don't tease him," Nabarun warned her.

"Wow! How cute! Brother, you are completely whipped by him."

"Mind your own business. You are living with Debesh for so long, did I ever say you anything?"

"If you ask my opinion, you two are perfect for each other," Debesh commented, "And together you look better than us."

"I never thought that Nishith could be my brother in law. I am very happy for myself," Nabarupa cheered and Nabarun glared at her.

"Nabarupa, I think we should go to our room. Let them spend time together."

"But ⸺" 

"No but. We will have dinner together," said Debesh and drag Nabarupa with him.

The whole day was like a dream, beyond my expectation. The way he loved me and cared for me was magical. I could not ask for anything more.

***

"I want to see your marriage before my death," my grandmother said. I found her somewhat more fragile than before. Nothing serious was detected by doctors, it was only due to old age.

"You are not going to die, you have no illness. I have just started my job and I am so young to marry. You should take rest and focus on your health, not on my marriage." My head was on my grandmother's lap as I was laying down on her bed. She was ruffling my hair.

My mother said, "let him earn some money first. We should marry off Pratyusha first, after she complete her graduation. I think we should start to search a suitable groom for her."

"What? Why me? I don't want to marry now. Thammi, why are you saying negative words about yourself. If you are ill, then how did you make sweets for dada. If I marry now, who will take care of your medicines?" Pratyusha was a third year student of B.A. She wanted to study and stand on her own.

"There are some proposals for her marriage. But we should not hurry, she can get more good proposals in future," my father said.

"If there is any good proposal, you can call them to visit. Visiting people does not guarantee a marriage. But if we start now, then may be in one year we can find a good family for her" my mother said.

"You are right, we should start searching groom for Pratyusha. Maa, first get a grandson-in-law, then we will welcome a granddaughter-in-law for you."

"That is not a bad idea, I think." Grandmother said, "Our Pratyusha is beautiful, educated and kind, she will definitely get the best groom."

I was relieved that grandmother forgot about my marriage. And it was better to marry off Pratyusha before I came out, otherwise it could affect her marriage. Nabarun was still a student, I could not force him to come out for me. Moreover, I was not sure about his intentions.

I CAN FEEL THAT HE LOVES ME. BUT HE IS ONLY SON OF HIS FATHER. WILL HE CHOSE ME OVER HIS FATHER IF HIS FATHER FORCES HIM TO MARRY A GIRL? I SHOULD NOT EXPECT THAT HE CAN STAY BY MY SIDE FOREVER.