CHAPTER 20

During bidai (farewell) ceremony everyone got emotional and started crying. Even Pratyusha, who was so happy before, started crying. Elders blessed them and gave advices to Pratyusha about her married life. Then everyone requested Nabarun to take care of Pratyusha. Nabarun nodded everytime. Suddenly a thought came to my mind. I doubted Nabarun's intentions and panicked. He was secretly intimate with me on his wedding night. What if he had more secret boyfriends and girlfriends? How could Pratyusha handle that? I should have tell her about my relation with him. But it was late for that.

I went to Pratyusha's side and said, "if he does anything wrong to you, you must call me immediately. I will take care of that matter. And Nabarun, don't forget that Pratyusha is my sister. You must take care of her, otherwise I will not spare you."

Nabarun was surprised by my tone. He hurriedly said, "your sister is my sister. Trust me I will take good care of her."

Everyone started laughing loudly and the sad atmosphere changed into a happy atmosphere.

One of my sister-in-laws said, "she is not your sister."

Nabarun apologetically said, "that's not what I wanted to say," and smiled at me.

***

They went to Nabarun's parental home and I went back to Bangalore next day. Pratyusha called me at night and said that she is doing well there and they would go to Kolkata the next day. After few minutes of talking, she gave the phone to Nabarun.

I asked formally, "did everything go well?"

"Yes my love, I did everything perfectly except that one slip of tongue."

"Brother-in-law, tonight is your first night, why are you wasting your time with me?"

"Ha, ha, ha," he laughed loudly, "baby, you are teasing me. You are making me feel like I am having an extra marital affair."

"Do you want an extra marital affair with me?"

"I never thought that I will involve in an extra marital affair, let alone having it with my brother-in-law. But now, I am doing it. From the day I met you my life became so unpredictable. These are all your faults."

"I did not force you to do anything."

"You are always like this. You like every action of mine but will never admit it."

"Nabarun, I will be busy from tomorrow, I have so many pending works. So, I may not be able to talk to you much."

"Okay, okay. I will only call you for a minute or two before going to bed. Is it okay?"

"Yes, it is."

"Then, go to bed now and dream about me. I love you baby. Good night."

"Good night."

The next few days were really busy for me. Nabarun and Pratyusha were also busy for Pratyusha's admission and Nabarun's research work. My office informed that there was a project in Dubai, which will start in November and may last for two-three years. I was laying down on my bed and staring at the DP of Nabarun. I was trying to avoid him badly but he called me every night, which I had to receive. Every morning and night he used to send good morning and good night wishes to me, to which I never replied. Pratyusha was very happy in her new life. Why should not she? She got the person she wanted, and Nabarun was really a nice person. I dreamed about Nabarun for so long but Pratyusha got him. I should have known that. Midnight could only dream about a rising sun but could not get him. Rising sun was, is and will always be together with the dawn.

A/N: Nabarun means the rising sun, Nishith means midnight and Pratyusha means dawn.

The project of Dubai was ideal for me. Dubai's time is one and a half hour behind India. I was always a late riser, before I could wake up in the morning Nabarun would have go to his department. In case of working late Nabarun would have went to bed before I could reach home. I would get weekly holidays on Fridays and Saturdays while Nabarun would get holidays on Sundays only. No one would call me now and then and my mother would be unable to emotionally blackmail me to go home. After few months Nabarun would give up and concentrate on his married life. Pratyusha unknowingly snatched my boyfriend but I did not want to be the homewrecker.

I accept that project and informed my family about it and lied that is was unavoidable for me. Another boy was ready to go along with me. We were informed that we would depart on November and before that we will get a fifteen days long vacation during Diwali to go home. The other boy was delighted but I wished we could go to Dubai earlier.