CHAPTER 21

I went home seven days before Diwali. I did not inform anyone about my visit and went directly to my parents' home. As soon as Pratyusha came to know about it she called me.

"Why did you not come here first? Nabarunda is missing you badly."

"I was missing grandma and maa-baba, so I came here. If you are missing me you can come to meet me."

"We will come there, but there are not enough privacy there."

"Then don't come."

"So you want to play hard. Did you fight with him?"

"Why should I?"

"Okay, okay, I don't want to interfere in your play. Bye."

The very next day they came home, both of them were very happy. In the afternoon my mother's sister and sister-in-law came with their children. They came to meet me and found that Nabarun and Pratyusha were also present. Our teenage cousins were excited to see Nabarun. Everyone always admired him, Pratyusha was lucky to have him. I sighed internally. They wanted to visit Pratyusha's home and wanted to shop in Kolkata for Diwali. Both my aunts said that they had no time to go and shop in Kolkata. But those kids were not happy with that reply.

Pratyusha said that she could take them with her for two days and help them in shopping. Nabarun agreed with her. They showed a really good understanding. Everyone agreed with them as they assured everyone. So it was decided that the next morning Soumi, Radhika (two cousin sisters) and Tuhin (cousin brother) would go to Kolkata along with Nabarun, Pratyusha and me.

"Why me? I don't want to go."

"Don't be lazy Nishith, you have nothing to do here. Go and enjoy with them," my mother said.

"But I wanted to rest and spend time with grandma."

"You will get enough time with me, give some time to your sister and cousins too," my grandma said.

So I had to agree with their decision. Aunts and cousins returned to their homes after some time.

At evening Pratyusha dragged me to the terrace, Nabarun was already there.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"To chat in private. You sit down and chat with him, I will be back with tea and snacks." Pratyusha giggled and went downstairs. That girl was so stupid, repeatedly giving her husband scope to flirt with me.

Nabarun was standing by the boundary wall of the terrace. The sky was moonless and the terrace was dimly lighted by the lights of Diwali decorations. He stared at me for some time and I did not know what to do. He slowly came near me and held my hands and said in a low voice, "I really admire you for your restrain. How could you do it? Here I am, going crazy for you, but you are so indifferent. Baby, don't you love me anymore?"

"Nabarun, how many time should I tell you that I am your wife's elder brother, you should call me dada."

"Oh, you want to play like that. It will be fun I think. So, dada, let me kiss you before your sister comes." He pulled me towards him and held my waist.

"You should not do it with me, this is not right," I tried to free me but he was stronger than me.

"Dada, try me, I will make you feel good." He brought his face near my neck and kissed there.

"Nabarun, you are crossing the limit."

"No, I just started, I have long way to go." He pressed me to the wall and tried to kiss me but I pressed on his chest and kept him far.

"This is not good, I feel like I am trying to force you." He left me and walked away few steps. "You should cooperate with me, we are both in love. In few days you are going to Dubai and only god knows when will you return. These small moments with you give me the strength to wait for you. Don't waste the time, please."

YOU ARE RIGHT, THESE SMALL MOMENTS WITH YOU ARE ALL I CAN HAVE. I WILL GO IN FEW DAYS AND NEVER COME AGAIN. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I CAN GET YOU AS MY OWN. PRATYUSHA, I AM SORRY. BUT IT'S OKAY, YOU SNATCHED MY LOVER PERMANENTLY, I WILL JUST HAVE HIM FOR FEW MINUTES.

"But, Pratyusha will come soon," my voice trembled as I was going to do a sin.

"She will take one hour and no other person will come here."

"Then, it's okay."

"But I don't like that role play," he smiled, "I would like to play the role of your husband, from either ways as you please." He came near me and pulled me to a mat, which had been spread on the terrace roof.

"You lead, I will follow." My whole body was trembling as I sat there.

"I am your husband, so you should call me hubby. I will call you that too. Is it okay hubby?"

"Yes."

"What yes?"

"Yes, hubby."

"That's better."

He started caressing my face and kept me close to his body.

He whispered in my ears, "you are so beautiful and alluring, I can watch your face for the whole day and never feel bored."

He kissed my lips in and out and he kissed every part of my face, neck, collarbone. My body became hot, even in the cold autumn breeze. Then he asked in a low voice, "hubby, can I touch your body?"

I swallowed the saliva and said, "yes hubby."

He inserted his hands in my tee and touched my chest, back and waist. Then he tightly hugged me for few minutes. "I don't know how I am going to live without you. Try to visit soon, please. I know it will not easy to come frequently and I don't want to hold you back. But I miss you every day."

I MISS YOU TOO. BUT IF YOU LOVE ME THEN WHY DID YOU MARRY HER? ARE YOU ASHAMED OF OUR RELATION? YOU WANT TO KEEP OUR RELATION A SECRET? IS YOUR MARRIAGE WITH MY SISTER A COVER FOR OUR RELATION?

He placed his head on my lap and laid down on the mat and I started running my fingers through his silky, smooth hair. He continue to stare at my face with an expression of satisfaction.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

He smiled and started singing a Nazrul geeti, 'Tumi sundar tai cheye thaki priyo, seki mor aparadh?'

That song means 'I keep looking at you because you are beautiful. Is it my fault? Everyone loves to watch the beautiful things and those beauties never complain. I got my eyes only to watch you, please do not prevent me to do so.'

After finishing the song he sat up and said, "baby, you played the role of my husband well. One day I will make you my husband permanently."

The terrace door opened and Pratyusha came with a big tray.

"Wow, Nabarunda, you can sing so well. That's why dada likes you that much," she said.

"Did you not know that he can sing? You both are living together for more than three months. Doesn't he sing for you?"

"What are you saying dada? How could he get time to sing for anyone? Eat the pakoras I made and have the tea. Then, Nabarunda, can you sing another song?"

"I can sing more than one. Which one would you like to hear Nishith?"

"Why don't you have time Nabarun? Are you going out with other people? Are you dating someone else?"

"No, dada. I promise, I have only one person in my heart. I never dated anyone else before and I will never do that in future."

Pratyusha giggled for some time and then said, "don't worry dada, he dares not to look at others."

I AM SORRY PRATYUSHA, YOUR HUSBAND NOT ONLY LOOKS AT ME BUT HE ALSO WANTS TO MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ME. I WILL SOON GO FROM YOUR LIFE. BUT WILL NABARUN CHANGE? HE WILL ALWAYS TELL LIES TO YOU. I SHOULD WARN YOU.

"He has lots of admirers, you must keep a close eye on him."

"I will surely do that," she said.

"I told you, he never trusts me," he said.