CHAPTER 9

After vacation when I came back to my hostel room, Nabarun was already there. I gave him a box of sweets made by my mother. There were more sweets for my other roommates and friends, but it was especially for him.

He ate one sweet and said, "I love it, thank you."

"My family saw our pandal hoping photographs and my mother liked you very much. That's why she sent these specially for you."

"How much did she like me?"

"I think she liked you a lot. Not only my mother, my father also liked you."

THEY LIKE YOU MORE THAN THEY LIKE ME. MAY BE THEY WANTED A SON LIKE YOU.

"Do your parents want to make me their son in law?"

WHAT???

"Do you want to be their son in law? Do you like my sister?"

"No, no, no! I was just joking. I bought a book for you, see if you like it." He changed the topic and gave me a book.

"Thank you, I like it. But I did not buy anything for you as I don't know what you like."

He looked in my eyes and smiled. "I will like whatever you give me".

I WANT TO GIVE MYSELF TO YOU. WILL YOU LIKE IT?

"Let's go to the bookstore, I will buy a book of your choice," I suggested.

"It's a good idea. We will eat dinner after that."

"Should I call Nabarupa?" I hesitated.

"No need. Just you and me."

Our other roommates did not came that day. At night instead of sleeping early Nabarun suggested to watch movie in his laptop. "Is it fine if we watch it in my bed? It will be more comfortable than sitting on chairs."

I had no problem and I happily went to his bed. Our room had four boarders, so there were four single beds. But when we started living there we decided to join two beds together. Ujjwal was our roommate at that time. So Ujjwal and Snehangshu had joined their beds and Surojit and me had joined our beds. It gave us double benefits. We got more free space in our room and we could all sit together in two joined bed to watch movies or play games. For me it had another added benefit. I could keep my books on my bed without the fear of accidentally pushing them to the ground during sleep. Nabarun did not change the settings and his bed remained attached to Snehangshu's bed.

We watched a romantic movie. When the movie ended I was already sleepy and did not know what happened after that. In the morning I felt some movement beside me and opened my eyes. What I saw was enough to wake me up completely. My left leg was on Nabarun's legs while my left arm was wrapped around his waist. He was trying to slip out from my clutch quietly. I quickly removed my body from his and sat up. He got panicked and said, "I am so sorry, Nishith. I did not mean to wake you up. Please don't get angry, go to sleep again".

I felt ashamed and said, "it is not your fault. I occupied your bed without even asking for your permission and did not let you sleep properly. Please forgive me for that, I am going to my bed now."

"You don't need to go anywhere, you can sleep again for some time. I slept well last night, don't worry about that."

Therefore I tried to sleep again.

HOW DID I END UP LIKE THAT. I CAN NEVER SLEEP IF MY BODY TOUCHES ANY OTHER PERSON'S BODY. HOW DID I SLEEP WHILE TOUCHING, NOT ONLY TOUCHING, HOLDING HIS BODY CLOSELY?

I am in a bridal chamber. The marital bed is beautifully decorated with flowers. A groom is sitting on that bed facing his back towards me. As I walk to the bed slowly, that groom turns and smiles mischievously. It is Nabarun, he holds my hand and pulls me close. Before I can understand what to do he presses me on that flower bed and kisses my lips passionately.

I gasped for air and wake up abruptly. To my relief, Nabarun was not in the room at that time.