CHAPTER 24

They came back on the day of grandma's sraddha, Nabarun's father came too. For these few days I tried to understand everything and thought about every incident multiple times.

They faked their marriage, but why? Pratyusha knew about our relationship, that's why she was making chance for us to spend time together. She was not trying to snatch my lover from me, but trying to help me. If Nabarun did not love her then why did he agree to marry her? He always tried to come close to me. Only for my body? I am not good looking and do not have good figure, but he always called me beautiful and sexy. I thought he did it to impress me. Did he really find me beautiful? Did he really love me? Does he still love me? There were so many questions I could not find answers for. Then, there is his father. He was treating me like his son-in-law in their wedding ceremony. He was aware about my relationship with his son and he had no objection. Then why did he agree to that marriage? And Nabarupa, she was also happy to have me as her brother-in-law but agreed when Pratyusha wanted to marry Nabarun. What did they want? Why did they play with me? Pratyusha always called him Nabarunda in front of me but I heard her to call him by his name in front of others. I thought she mistakenly called him dada but now I realize that he is really a dada to her. They are really living in separate rooms. They both are early risers. Then why Nabarun's bedroom has thick curtains? Is it for me? Once, Nabarun had sent me some pictures and descriptions of beds and asked me to choose, which I ignored. Then Pratyusha asked me the same and I selected one. The bed in Nabarun's bedroom was similar to that. So, he really bought the bed of my choice. Why? To sleep with me? That morning he actually planned everything to make love with me. But I hurt him and humiliated him. But why did he not clarify those things to me? If I want to go back to him will he accept me? Maybe he hates me now. But he did not say a single bad word about me. For the last one and a half years I was trying to forget him but could not. I even could not forget him in my sleep. Life without him is a punishment for me. When we broke up, he did not even try to convince me. And he never talked to me after we broke up, maybe he already got someone better than me. I have to clear everything in next two days before I go back. But how? There is no doubt that I want him for my whole life, no one ever can take his place. Confessing love is difficult, much more difficult than any interview. But I have to do this on my own. No one can help me in this.

After the sraddha, Nabarun's father asked me to walk out with him. I told him to wait and went to change my dress. Pratyusha came behind me and warned me not to disclose anything to him. As I walk beside uncle, he patted my back and asked about my work and how was I doing in Dubai. Then he asked, "when will that project end? When will you come back?"

"It will take at least another year, I think."

"Try to get a transfer to Kolkata after that. Nabarun is becoming insane without you."

"Uncle, what do you think about me?"

"When Nabarun told me about you, he praised you a lot. I thought if even half of them are true, I can rest assured about his future. Then I met you and found that he was right about you. If you love each other, I have no problem with your same sex relationship."

"You are exaggerating me, I am not qualified to accept this kind of praises."

"Ha, Ha, Ha. You are really humble."

"What do you think about my sister?"

"Pratyusha is really a good girl. If I had another boy, I would like to make her my daughter in law."

"But I think she is more mature than me."

"You don't have to worry about that. Nabarun has enough maturity for both of you. You are perfect together."

"What if Nabarun changes his mind about me?"

"He can change his mind but not his heart. He is totally dedicated to you."

After uncle set off I came home and found that Nabarun had already left for Kolkata. Pratyusha will go after next day's lunch (which was also a part of ritual). I informed my parents that I will leave with her as I had flight two days later.