CHAPTER 14

"Nishith, do you know what happened to my brother?" Nabarupa asked with a concerned expression.

"What happened to Nabarun?" I became concerned about him.

"I don't know what happened. But he has changed recently. Is everything okay in your hostel?"

"As per my knowledge, everything is okay."

"Then, maybe he is in love. Is he dating someone?"

I was shocked and coughed few times.

Mallika said, "I want to know what kind of person he is dating. She must be either as beautiful as Lakshmi or as virtuous as Saroswati".

"Let's go to ask him," Debesh was excited.

"This is not good to ask him about these things in his department," I objected.

"Yes, Nishith is right. We can't attack him all of a sudden. Let's make a plan!" said Nabarupa.

Amit broke his silence and said, "we can go for an outing and then ask him about this matter".

"That's a superb idea," Mallika cried, "we did not go anywhere for a long time".

"Next Sunday is Nishith's birthday. We can go to Victoria Memorial if Nishith agrees," Debesh said.

"Okay. But I have to invite my roommates to dinner. We can have dinner at Park Street," I said.

So it was decided to go to Victoria Memorial next Sunday. I will invite him to go with us.

"They want to ask you if you are dating someone."

We were on the terrace after dinner and Nabarun just finished his one makeout session, "why did you not tell them about my lover?"

"Do you want to tell them?"

"Why not? Sooner or later we have to tell them."

"But we are both men, what if they judge us for this."

"If you are not comfortable, then I will not tell anything."

"I don't know what to do."

"Baby, are you not happy with me? You are unable to open up to me because I am a man? Do you like girls?"

"I don't like any other girl or boy. I only like you and I like your touch. But I am not sure how they will react."

"If you are sure about our relation, then we can take a try. If they do not like this, we can say that it was a prank."

"This idea is not bad. We can do this."

"Now let me kiss your sweet mouth."

"Sweet mouth? Why are you so cheesy?"

"It's all your fault. Why do you have this kind of mouth?"

I quitted smoking three months ago, as soon as I started dating Nabarun. Nabarun did not like the smell of cigarette and I did not want to make myself undesirable to him. I wanted to become better for him. He liked to kiss me and never wasted any chance to do that.

___

Everyone were shocked and looked at our interlocked hands with round eyes. It was my birthday and we were at the ground of Victoria Memorial.

Mallika became furious, "that's why none of you were interested in me. You should have tell me earlier. I wasted too much time and energy on both of you."

"Debesh, do you want to break up with me after this?" Nabarupa asked.

"Why should I? They are looking so cute together. I will support them even if you don't." Debesh said to us, "congratulations".

Amit said, "Debesh gets a beautiful girlfriend and Nishith gets a handsome boyfriend. Only I am left single. Why? Why? Why?"

"Dada, tell me this is not a prank," Nabarupa asked with doubts.

"No, it is not. We are seriously dating." Nabarun pulled my hand to his lips and kissed the back of my hand in front of everyone's surprised eyes. Then said in a warning tone, "But don't announce it to outsiders." Everyone cheered and promised to keep it a secret.

"Now, we become brothers. I don't have any sister, otherwise I would like to make Amit my brother in law too." Debesh was genuinely happy.

"And what about me? No one cares about me," Mallika pouted.

Everyone laughed and I looked at my boyfriend. In that afternoon light he looked like an angel, who was there to help me overcome my fears. With him by my side I can win over anything. We walked side by side on the grasses and looked at the Victoria Memorial.

We met with Surojit and Snehangshu and they suggested that we should properly celebrate my birthday as it might be the last time I could celebrate it with them.

"What is the proper way to celebrate my birthday?" I asked.

"We should go to a night club and enjoy," Surojit suggested.

"What are you saying? I can't afford that," I said.

"You got a job with high salary, that treat is also pending," Snehangshu said.

"I will get the salary after I start working. Where can I get that much money now?"

Everyone started discussing about it. My friends were like me, we never went to night clubs. They wanted to try it, but had no idea how much it will cost. After so much discussion it was decided that I will pay for the food only. Everyone will pay for their own drinks and other expenses. And we have to reach our campus within 10 pm as Nabarupa and Mallika should enter their hostel before that. Nabarun assured me, "I have some savings, if you don't have sufficient money, I can give you some."

"But, that is your money."

"What is mine is yours. I will pay from my card, you don't need to worry."

Surojit said, "let's go, don't waste time."

We enjoyed a lot and went back to our campus in 2 cabs. Nabarupa and Mallika were with me and Nabarun and we send them to their hostel first. As we reached our hostel we found that Debesh and Amit did not go home.

"They are drunk and cannot go home," Snehangshu said.

"Uncle and aunty will complain to our parents if we go back like this," Debesh said.

"I am going to call aunty to tell her that we will stay with you tonight." Amit called and said, "aunty, Nishith is requesting us to stay in his room tonight, we are going to study together." Aunty did not object.

"But, where will you sleep?" I was not sure.

"Let them sleep on your bed," Nabarun suggested. "You can share my bed, if you are comfortable with it."

"I have no other choice, I believe," I said.

"Our beds are attached, so they are spacious enough to three people," Surojit said.

I could not sleep in between two people, so I sleep on the side. Snehangshu left some space for Nabarun in his bed. But when everyone went to their bed and lights were switched off Nabarun hugged me from back and whispered in my ear, "I love you baby. I love you so much."

It was an unexpected opportunity to sleep in his arms. Our final examinations were not far away and my joining date was also confirmed by that time. I turned toward him and hid my face in his chest. He kissed the top of my head and said, "it's going to be difficult for me to live without you. Just bear with me tonight, I want to hug you for a little longer." The smell of his body was so intoxicating and his fingers roaming on my back were so soothing that I slept comfortably.