Chapter: 12

Chapter: 12

Tavi.

            I barged into my mother’s house not even knocking first. I followed the smell of bacon and went into the kitchen to see her and her husband enjoying breakfast. I hate to be the Debby downer or bring the mood down but I have a lot of questions for her.

            “Hey Tavi,” Robert spoke to me first.

            I gave him a simple wave and looked over at my mom, “can we talk?”

            She took a sip from her coffee and narrowed her eyes at Robert and then at me, “yeah,”

            I looked at her husband and sighed, “in private.”

            “I was just about to go upstairs anyways,” he responded and got up to put his dishes in the sink before disappearing out of the kitchen.

            “What’s wrong now?” My mom asked.

            I took a seat across from her at the breakfast table, “I ran into some… girl… who’s claiming to be my long lost twin. Since when was I a twin? Or was she just playing a trick on me?”

            My mother shifted and rose her eyebrows a little, “what did she say?”

            “She just said that her name is Lix and that we’re twins. Is she telling the truth?”

            She scratched her forehead, “um… um…,”

            “Um what?” I questioned.

            “Tavi, lemme just—,”

            “Is it true or not?” I interrupted her.

            She slowly nodded her head as I threw my hands in the air, “but listen, I can explain,”

            “Trust me, I’m all ears,” I shook my head.

            She stood up and walked out of the kitchen momentarily. She came back with a picture in her hand and sat back in her seat. She smiled down at the picture and then placed it on the table and slid it to me.

            In the picture were two new born twins with matching outfits, just one was purple and the other was pink. The picture had a date at the top with names: May 23, Lix and Tavi.

            “Why keep this a secret?” I questioned looking up at her, “why is it so hard for you to just tell me the truth, and please don’t give me that I love you crap because I’m way beyond that.”