Chapter: 14

Chapter: 14

4 months later. Midnight. May 23. Tavi’s Birthday.

Tavi.

Trina sobbed hysterically and looked down at all the blood on the tile floor, “Tavi what did you do?”

My mouth stood ajar as I looked down at all the blood in the foyer. I was so shocked that I couldn’t even move to answer her, or control my thoughts to even think about the answer. My heart was beating a million miles a minute and the entire foyer was starting to spin.

“Tavi! You killed him!” Trina cried out.

My breathing increased and although I don’t have asthma I felt like I was having a asthma attack. I clutched onto my chest and backed up against the wall looking over at Trina as she stood at the bottom of the spiral steps. She was just as shocked as I was but she was hysterical.

“Tavi do you hear me?” She yelled a little too loud.

I covered my ears a little, “please stop I need to think.”

“Think? Think about how you’re about to get sentenced life in prison because when I call the cops they’re—,”

“No!” I finally looked up at her, “you’re not gonna call the cops.”

“I’m not about to participate in this murder so my ass can go to jail too and I damn sure ain’t about to live with a murder and a fugitive.”

Trina proceeded up the stairs to collect her things but I stopped her before she could, “don’t call the cops. Leave and go to a hotel.”

I went through my pockets and handed her two one hundred dollar bills. She looked down at the money and then at the lifeless body sprawled out on the tile floor in the foyer. As the minutes went by the blood came more and seeped into the floor making my skin cringe.

“Fine,” she mumbled. “But don’t drag me down with you.”

I nodded my head and watched as she walked up the stairs and grabbed her belongings. She left out the back door in the kitchen avoiding the blood at the front door. When she left the loneliness crept into my body and I soon stood over the body trying to think of what I wanted to do.

I doubled over from the gruesome, irony, metallic smell the blood was starting to become. I ran my fingers through my hair trying to think of a plan. The tears came out of my eyes when I realized what I had done.

“Oh my god,” I mumbled.

I ran my hands down my face and closed my eyes shut trying to fill my mind with something else. In an instant I stood up and thought about what I would do. I looked down at the body and saw the position is was lying in; back down on the floor and arms out.

I stepped over the body and placed my back up against the door I took five steps forward and stopped when I got to the right position. I covered my mouth with my right hand. I nodded when I realized what I needed to do.

Once I got the facts down I walked over towards the mirror and end table in the foyer and placed my back against the end table. As I stood looking at the opposite side of the foyer I saw my glock .40 on the floor. I hurriedly grabbed it and walked back over to my position at the end table. I placed the glock .40 where it was the entire night; tucked behind my back in my waist band. Once I got it the position down I moved to my next spot.

I circled around towards the steps as if I were in a boxing ring with someone, until I ended up face to face with the front door. I then reached behind my back for the gun and slowly pulled it from behind my back and pointed it straight forward and pretended to fire.

He’s down.

I nodded at my scene. I dropped the gun and the metal hit the ground loudly. I walked over to the dead body making sure to not take a step into the blood. The tears built up as I looked down at the body. I quickly wiped the tears away and brought myself back to reality.

Looking down at their belt buckle I could see that they had the belt buckle coming from the right side which means they’re left handed.

“If someone is left handed then they’d place their right hand on my mouth and their left forearm against my neck.” I nodded at my fact but quickly shook my head, “no they wouldn’t do that.”

I ran my fingers through my hair and demonstrated on myself. Since I’m right handed, if I were to grab someone from behind and muffle their screams while choking them, I’d put my right hand over their mouth and my left forearm against their throat.

I nodded, “okay so they’d put his left hand over my mouth and their right forearm against my throat.”

I kneeled down so that I was leveled with the body and scrunched up my face from the smell of the blood. I cautiously grabbed their limp left hand and placed it up against my mouth. Soon after I grabbed their right arm and wrapped it around my shoulders as if they abruptly startled me and grabbed me from behind.

All I needed were their prints on my body, so once I finished I quickly dropped their hands and proceeded to the next step. I grabbed their hands once again and wrapped them around my neck and squeezed as tightly as I could until I couldn’t get any air.

Doubling over I gasped for air and continued on. I grabbed their nails and scraped my neck leaving my DNA under their nails. Doing this all with their left hand, I grabbed a chunk of my hair and pulled as roughly as I could until strands of hair were tangled in their fingers.

“Fuck,” I cried rubbing on the top of my head. I stood back up and shuffled over to the end table I was at before I got back in the same position; with my back up against the table and my hands clutched onto the edge.

I took in a deep breath and rammed my head in the mirror behind me making it shatter everywhere. I doubled over and clutched onto my head and began to cry, in the end this will all be worth it.

Once I was finished I grabbed my phone from out of my back pocket and dialed nine-one-one. I sat down on the stairs and looked over at the dead body and lowered my head. The tears ran down my face as the phone kept ringing.

“Nine-one-one what’s your emergency?”

I sniffled and wiped my nose a little. Sighing I looked over at the dead body and closed my eyes, “I just killed someone.”

<>

*Back to present day. January. Day after superbowl.*

Tavi.

I twirled Jay’s business card in my fingers, as Shayne’s doctor sat with him making sure that everything was okay. My mind was so spaced out thinking about going out and working. I missed working and modeling so much that it was almost depressing. And hearing the guy Jay boost my ego made it even more depressing because I know what I can be.

The only problem is all the distractions and responsibilities I have in my life. Taking care of Shayne was something that I truly wanted to dedicate my time to but it was just too much and it’s only been a couple days. Nonetheless I’m gonna continue to take care of him with possible the help of a nurse.

“Okay, we’re all done here.” The doctor stood while packing up her things. “He’s looking good but healing doesn’t happen a few days later so give it some time. He’ll get the wiring out of his mouth exactly one month from now.”

Shayne threw his head back dramatically making me and the doctor laugh, “you’ll be fine.” I assured him. I turned my attention to the doctor before she could leave, “and is it possible if I have a nurse on call to help me just in case I have other things to do.”

The doctor nodded, “of course.”

“Okay I wanna talk about that as I walk you to the door.” We proceeded out of the living room and walked to the door. “The reason why I need a nurse is because I have other things that I want to do but at the same time take care of him.”

“That’s fine,” she spoke. “When were you thinking about having the nurse?”

“As soon as possible… like tomorrow maybe?”

“Okay, well unfortunately Ms. Robinson has another family to tend to,”

“Fortunately,” I mumbled more to myself.

“But we do have other in-home nurses and we actually have one who needs a patient. Lemme write down her information for you to have and I’ll have her call you later on today.” I watched as she pulled out a notepad and pen from her bag and write quickly like a normal doctor. “Her name is Emery Yang and she’d be happy to assist you.”

I nodded and took the paper from her and looked down at the information having a hard time reading it. “Okay thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome, have a nice day.” I closed the door when she left and headed back into the living room to see Shayne laying down watching TV.

Now was my free time to get down to business. The girls were at school and daycare, Shayne was relaxing and I didn’t have anything else to do. I grabbed my cell phone from off the end table and proceeded to call Jay. I stopped when Shayne grabbed my hand and looked up at me.

“What?” He raised his eyebrow and just looked at me. “I can’t read your mind.”

He picked up his phone from his lap and typed with his one hand and then I soon received a message from him:

Why you tryna get someone else to take care of me?

I kissed my teeth and grabbed my phone, “I have other things I need to do. It’ll only be for a few hours and it won’t be everyday.”

He nodded and turned back to the TV as I dialed the number on Jay’s business card. I was a little hesitant to call but I was so intrigued. And after doing some research on him I found out that he had way more clients than what he told me. This was exactly what I needed to happen in my life and now’s not the time to play hard to get.

“Talk to me,” I hear Jay’s deep voice answer after the third ring.

I sat down on the couch adjacent to the one Shayne was lying on, “hey Jay this Tavi.”

“That easy huh?” He chuckled.

I shook my head and smiled, “yeah something like that. You sparked my interest.”

“That’s what I do,” he replied cockily. “But what can I do for you today beautiful.”

I blushed at his compliment, “I was just thinking about what you said and I do think I can be somewhere other than where I’m at and I was hoping…,”

“No need to beat around the bush baby girl. I know what you need and I got you.”

I grew a shy smile on my face, “okay.”

Shayne looked over at me confused trying to figure out who was turning my cheeks a bright red. I disregarded his look and continued with my conversation with Jay.

“I was wondering if we could hook up tomorrow,” I said.

“Yeah that’s fine I’m all yours whenever.”

“Okay how can I give you the information for tomorrow?”

“Email it to me… I wanna keep this relationship platonic… for now.”

My mouth fell agape but I quickly closed it and nodded, “okay thanks.”

I hung up the phone and looked down at his email on the business card putting it into my contacts for later. I looked over at Shayne as he continued to look at me waiting for me to explain to him what was going on.

Avoiding the topic I looked down at my Rolex and checked the time. I stood from the couch, “time for me to get the girls.”

Shayne watched as I left from out of the living room and then I left out of the house. I buttoned up my trench coat and left to get the girls from school. As I was driving I got a call from Addison’s school and quickly picked up. They didn’t get out for another half an hour which gives me time to sit in the rush hour traffic.

“Hello.”

“Hi is this the mother of Addison Livingston?”

“Yes this is,” I sighed placing my head against the window once the traffic started.

“Okay we really need you to get down to the school as soon as possible. I know rush hour just started but it’s quite urgent.”

I nodded, “I’ll be there as soon as possible.”

Turning on my turn signal, I decided to cut off to the nearest exit and take the long way to the school, which eventually got me there faster if I would’ve taken the fast way. Once I made it to the school I parked and got out going into the huge building. This school didn’t even look like an elementary school; the big ass building looked like a damn airport.

Finally making my way to the main office I could hear the faint sound of a little girl crying. Thinking it was Addison; I picked up the pace and walked into the glass office only to see a little girl sitting in the corner crying. She had a bloody knee and scratches on her face as if she fell during recess.

Thanking god that it wasn’t Addison crying like that, I turned towards the receptionist desk and smiled at the lady sitting behind the computer on the phone. She placed her finger up for me to hold on and proceeded with her call.

Before she could end and tend to my needs Addison came waltzing from the back with the principal walking right behind her. Another lady walked into the office and ran over to the little girl in tears and asked her what was wrong.

Ignoring the mother and daughter I waited for Addison and the principal to reach me. I studied her face and she looked normal as she always did but the principal looked pissed, which means this wasn’t gonna be good.

“Hello Ms. Torres,” the principal, Mr. May, greeted me.

“Hey,” I smiled at him and then down at Addison, “what’s going on?”

He cleared his throat, “Addison wasn’t following the no hitting policy rules today and she pushed a little girl and hit her repeatedly.”

“She hit me first!” She yelled up at him.

I snatched Addison by the collar and nodded at her principal, “okay, thanks for letting me know.”

“I want that little girl expelled!” The lady tending to the girl crying in the corner yelled.

“Excuse me ma’am but you’re gonna need to calm down,” the principal sighed.

I looked over at the little girl and shook my head, “Addison did not do that.” The little girl looked bad but it couldn’t have been nothing more than a simple fall from playing too hard.

“Ms. Torres she did,” the principal assured me. “They were at recess and the teacher caught Addison over top of her hitting her aggressively.”

I snorted and shook my head, “that little girl is twice Addison’s size.”

“What are you trying to say?” The little girl’s mother asked.

“What I’m saying is is that Addison wouldn’t hit her unless she hit her first.” I looked down at Addison, “did she hit you first, tell the truth.”

She quickly nodded her head and showed me the side of her face which had a bruise arising through her skin, “look!”

I looked over at the principal who looked just as shocked at the bruise as me, “and you didn’t at all check Addison to see if she had any wombs, you just assumed she hit this little girl for no reason?”

“Well we have a few witnesses that watched her hit her repeatedly,” the principal tried to explain.

“I don’t care!” I yelled, “she hit Addison too she’s just as guilty.”

“We understand that and we’ll deal with her, but this is Addison’s third offence this year and we’re gonna have to transfer her to a different school suitable for her.”

“What are you trying to say that my daughter is too fucking crazy to be surrounded by other students? Are you tryna send her to a damn crazy school for crazy kids?”

“No ma’am there is just schools out there that’ll help work with Addison’s anger. Now Ms. Lorie, the receptionist will give you the schools information and her records to take to them.”

I shook my head and grabbed on to Addison, “nope I’ll just send her to a different school.”

“With all due respect, they won’t take her with a record like that. It’s by law that the state of Georgia sends all troubled elementary school kids to a place where they can break out of their habits before middle and high school.”

“Well they gon’ take her ass because I said they will,” I turned on my heels and dragged Addison out of the office and to the parking lot.

When we got outside Addison began to cry hysterically making all the parents pulling up look our way. I dragged her towards the car but she pulled in the other direction making it hard for me grab onto her.

“Addison what is wrong wit’ you?” I said. She continued to cry and turn in the other direction. Getting frustrated I snatched her up and held her roughly by her arms.

“Listen little girl I’m tired of you. You got me ten seconds away from beating your ass in this damn parking lot and have all these people call social services on me. Do you want that? Do you wanna be taken away from me because that’s exactly what’s gonna happen and I’ll gladly let them because I’m tired of you.”

She wiped her tears and I stood back up straight and dragged her to the car. I unlocked the door and we both got in and I started the car. I could hear her mumbling under her breath so I turned around and looked at her.

“What now? This is no one else’s fault but your own! Got them motherfuckers ready to send your bad ass to a damn crazy school. Do you wanna go to a coo coo school?”

Addison lowered her head and chuckled a little, “no.”

“Now you think this is funny and a joke,” I swung on her and she moved her head a little only for her chest to connect with my fist. “That’s what you get. I’m surprised that big ass little girl ain’t beat your ass cause I sure as hell would have.”

Addison clutched onto her chest and began to cry. I turned back around and started the car and drove out of the parking lot. Addison continued to cry quietly in the back and I continued on my way to the daycare.

“Mommy,” Addison called out. “I promise I’ll be good for the rest of my life.”

“You said that last time, shut up.”

She started to sniffle uncontrollably which caused my anxiety to rise. It’s bad enough that I gotta get this little girl back into a different school, deal with all that paper work and some and now she’s pulling the sweet innocent card which only works on Shayne.

“Mommy,” Addison called out.

“What?”

“Can we go to McDona—,”

“No!”

She kissed her teeth as I pulled up into Aubree’s daycare. Today was supposed to be calm and cool but clearly those kind of days don’t exist when you’re raising the child of the devil. Maybe sending her to that school for troubled kids isn’t a bad idea after all.

<>

I scrambled around the master bedroom getting ready for bed from a long day. Today stayed uneventful after Addison’s expulsion but it was still chaotic. Now that Aubree is starting to really crawl she’s getting into everything and going all over the house. I forgot how much you have to watch a baby when they crawl because I haven’t done this in six or so years so it’s almost like I’m learning all over again.

As for Shayne, he’s been sleep most of the day which is why he’s wide awake now. I told him about Addison as soon as we got in but of course he didn’t really have much to say, not like he can say anything anyways.

Sometimes I just wish he could learn how to talk to Addison about the things she shouldn’t do. Maybe hearing it from the man in charge she might actually listen. Beating Addison now is just not a solution. Beating her has done nothing to her attitude or her behavior. She’s just the little girl that doesn’t let anything faze her and continues to do what she wants to do, and I honestly don’t know where she gets it from.

I finally layed down in bed completely exhausted. I looked over at Shayne who is finally using drawing as an outlet. He was drawing away and didn’t really seem to pay me any mind.

Rolling over on my side to face him I sighed, “Shayne…,” He looked over at me and then back at his drawing pad. “I wish I could hear your voice.”

He nodded in agreement and continued to draw away. I layed on my back and looked up at the ceiling letting my mind wonder about. Thinking about everything under the moon makes me forget about some of the problems I’m currently dealing with.

“You know what you should draw… you should draw Addison with devil horns coming from out of her head because that’s exactly what she is.”

I heard Shayne inwardly chuckle which made me smile. I shook my head and turned back to him and admired his looks. His bare chest flexed with his every move as he stroked the pencil against the drawing pad.

I wish he’d stroke me like that. I thought to myself.

“Whoa,” I blurted about my thoughts.

Shayne looked over at me and cocked his eyebrow up. I quickly shook my head indicating nothing so he went back to drawing. When he was finished with his work he looked it up and down and then turned it towards me so that I could see it.

I did a double take making sure that my eyes weren’t deceiving me. The very finely drawn picture was of me, for the second time. Just this time it was me in the present day, without any clothes on.

The drawing was of me sitting on my knees in the middle of the bed with my eyes narrowed in a devilish way. He had every single detail about my body drawn on this one piece of paper from my nipple rings, my belly ring, even my tattoos and birth mark. It was a very exotic picture and nicely done, not to mention flattering.

“I love it,” I mumbled. I took the drawing from his hands and studied the picture. I looked up at Shayne and he looked down at me as if he were waiting for something. “What?”

He shook his head and kept quiet. I placed the picture to the side, “now’s the time for us to talk about tomorrow, you have a nurse coming over. I know you’re hesitant about having someone come in your personal space but I have things I need to do. And her name is Emery; honestly I think she’s old or something.”

Shayne’s eyeballs nearly popped out the sockets when I mentioned the nurse’s name. My face grew confused as he continued to have that look of shock on his face. He reached over for the dry erase board.

You can’t let her be my nurse.

“Why not?”

He hesitantly wrote down on the board and proceeded to show me what he wrote. Before he could turn it around fully he pulled it back to him and shook his head. I took the item from him and look down at what he wrote.

I fucked wit’ her.

“Fucked wit’ her or fuck wit’ her. Those are two different things because if you fucked wit’ her that means you don’t anymore and if you fuck wit’ her that means you still do.”

He took the board from me and wrote quickly.

I fucked wit her before I got shot. Clearly I can’t still be fuckin’ wit her if I can’t even open my damn mouth.

I rolled my eyes just imagining him saying that, “well then this is good. You and her can get reacquainted.” His eyebrows moved together in a confused way. “What?”

This is the part where you get mad and tell me not to fuck wit her anymore. And I say okay baby I love you.

“Shayne, shut up.”

C’mon I miss hearing you yell at me. It’s cute.

Flipping him the bird, I laughed a little, “you miss fucking up and me yelling, that’s nice. That’s all you miss?”

He shook his head: I miss everything.

“I only miss the sex,” I merely lied.

We can still have sex.

“How nigga, how?”

You can suck my di.ck. Lol

I was taken aback by his words, “are you serious right now?”

I was just playin’

“No the hell you wasn’t you sick ass pervert. First you draw a picture of my vag.ina dripping with juice and now you’re telling me to suck your di.ck when you can’t even open your mouth to moan.” I threw a pillow at him while he silently laughed. “You’re a sick ass bastard.”

I’m sorry. I said I didn’t mean it.

I watched as he chuckled silently and shook my head, “you get on my damn nerves.”

Forreal, I’m sorry.

I rolled my eyes, “apology accepted.”

Now gimmie a kiss.

“Why do you always try that slick shit? You better go ask Emery Yang for a damn kiss.”

Jealous? This is the side of you I like.

“You know what I think is crazy, how you were going so hard over me allegedly dating a Mexican guy when you’re dating someone yourself, such a hypocrite.”

It’s just sex. I don’t be flaunting around the public with her and I damn sure don’t be tellin’ her I love her.

“Why are you saying that like I was doing all of that?” He shrugged her shoulders and kept quiet.

I’m sorry I love you.

I nodded, “its cool.”

Nigga say ‘I love you’ back.

“I love you too,” I replied in the most monotone voice I could muster. He looked over at me as if to say try-again. “I love you!” I cheered with joy.

A’ight that’s better. Now let’s stop all this bullshit cause my hand hurt. Hurt worse than when I’m beatin off.

“You’re disgusting.”

Nigga who gon’ beat my di.ck. You gon’ beat my di.ck? C’mon, come beat my di.ck.

“Even when you’re not talkin’ you’re annoying as fuck.”

Shut up. Let’s just skip all this shit and make love.

I rolled my eyes, “goodnight.”

Tavi I’m serious.

“We’re not having sex. First of all you’re crippled what fun is that? Two we’re not together and the only reason you’re laying next to me right now is because I’m taking care of you. Now goodnight.”

You gon’ regret rejecting me for the second time.

I smiled a little to myself as he put the board down, “I love you too.”

He shook his head and closed his eyes. I layed back and watched him, wishing that we could get this back. I miss all the small things like conversations at night like this. I miss waking up to him and falling asleep to him. The love making in the early morning, middle of the afternoon, or in the middle of the night. I miss being flaunted around town being known as Shayne’s woman. Although we’re doing some of these things now, it’s not the same because the relationship is so platonic.

All I want is my relationship back, but I don’t think things will never be the same.

Sooooo, the beginning of the chapter was…. Unexpected. There are a lot of questions. 1. Who did Tavi kill? 2. Why did she kill them? 3. Where are the kids? 4. WHY THE FUCK IS TRINA LIVING WITH TAVI? (Lovers maybe….maybe not) 5. Will Tavi get away with murder?

Anyways, I’m really feelin’ this chapter way better than the last… it was just the beginning that was so unexpected. . Follow me on IG: @Colombiana_Qveen