Chapter: 21

Chapter: 21

*Main characters in the MM. Tavi and Shayne at the top. Trina and Marco at the bottom.*

Tavi.

I stepped out of the steaming water and grabbed my towel sitting on the bathroom counter adjacent from the walk-in shower. I made my way into the freezing bedroom quickly putting on a pair of grey biker shorts and a plain white tank top. After lavishing myself in moisturizer and doing my skincare routine I made my way down the spiral staircase. I could hear Shayne, Nate, Chris, and Calvin talking in the main living room. I walked pass the doorway and their conversation came to a halt. I stopped in my tracks and walked backwards until I was in front of the opening to the living room looking at them.

"What?" I questioned them as they all remained silent. I was trying to figure out why the conversation was so hush and came to a stop when I came downstairs. Everyone seemed to shake their heads simultaneously as to imply 'nothing'. I looked over at Shayne as his eyes were narrowed in at me as he puffed on his blunt. I shook my head and continued on towards the kitchen.

I started cleaning up the mess I made from tonight's dinner that felt like a full course meal for Shayne and Addison. I was worn out for the day and just wanted to sleep but knew I couldn't close my eyes if I had a mess in the kitchen. As I scrubbed the stainless-steel flat stove top, I heard footsteps approaching the kitchen.

"Hey baby," I spoke assuming it was Shayne coming in.

"It's me,"

I turned around and was greeted with Nate's 6'4 statue taking a seat at the island counter top. His dimples were showcased as he smiled at me with his pearly white teeth. He had on a simple white t-shirt that complimented his mocha-colored skin. "Oh, hey Nate," I smiled at him before turning back around to tend to the stove.

"'I'm here on behalf of Sandra," he started sounding concerned. However, I knew what it was about.

Sandra has been calling and texting and I've been avoiding her, for the lack of better words. After the Emery situation a couple of weeks ago, I just needed time to think. It felt like Sandra's loyalty was not with me in that moment and I was hurt by it. I didn't want to blow up on Sandra, since my feelings are still sore from the incident so I've been ignoring her. I know eventually we'll have to sit down and talk it out, I just don't think right now is the time.

"Oh yea?" I questioned acting clueless.

He sighed, "yea, she been worried about you. I been telling her Shayne says you aight, but she wants to hear it from you."

I turned around after wiping the stovetop clean. "I know, but I just need time."

"I know, I told her that but you know how she is," he trailed off. "She just feels like you think she betrayed you and that wasn't the case, but I don't want to sit up here and think I know y'alls relationship and justify anything she did because if she's wrong, she's wrong, but I know she loves you a lot."

"I know Nate, and I appreciate you coming to talk to me," I replied looking up to see Chris walk into the kitchen. "It's just I'll talk when I'm ready to, nothing personal against her. I'm just learning to address situations when I know I've thought it all the way through."

He nodded and stood up, "I respect that, and I'll let her know..." He turned to Chris who was helping himself to a shot of tequila from the liquor cabinet. "You heading out?"

Chris took the double shot to the head not once wincing from the taste, "yeah im 'finnto,"

"Aight no doubt, I gotta get home, I'll catch you tomorrow," he dapped up Chris and came to give me a hug. "Whenever you get a chance just, please call that woman she driving me insane."