Chapter: 15

Chapter: 15

4 months later. 12:24 a.m. May 23. Tavi’s Birthday.

Tavi.

“Ma’am I’m gonna need you to calm down okay. I’m sending the police right now. Did you touch anything?”

I shook my head and wiped my tears, “no,”

I could see the flashing lights of blue and red outside of the window in the foyer and stood to my feet. I walked to the door, stepping over the puddle of blood and opened the door.

“Are the police there?” The dispatcher asked.

“Yes, thank you.” I hung up the phone as the police started to get out of their cars.

I could spot Loren coming out of an unmark car and walk up to me before anyone else could. My eyes were filled with tears and I could barely see her through the blur.

“Tavi, are you okay?” I nodded as she checked my bruises. “Listen they’re gonna have to put you in hand cuffs to secure the scene and to keep everyone safe.”

I nodded my head once more and watched as two detectives walked up to us, “Detective Boyd you shouldn’t be here, this isn’t your case.”

“Well I am,” she retorted.

The other male detective motioned for me to turn around and I did as told. He placed the cold hand cuffs around my wrist and pushed them in tight. “Ouch,” I groaned.

“Go easy,” Loren yelled. “Do you really have to do that?”

“Yes, she’s a murderer.”

I cringed at the word he labeled me as. Turning back around the male detective escorted me to a police car and put me in and talked to the driver for a second. I layed my head back and watched as Loren came back up to me.

“Tavi, where’s Trina?” Loren questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t know.”

Loren nodded and looked over at the ambulance pulling up, “are you hurt? Do you need to go to the hospital?”

“No,”

“Okay well they’re gonna take you to the station and ask you questions. Tell them the truth and if they start running you in circles and continually try to poke holes in your story ask for a lawyer.”

“But won’t that make me look guilty?”

“No,” she shook her head. “They’re gonna try every way possible to make it look less like self defense because their job is to get the truth and sometimes they don’t realize it but some people cant handle the hard interrogation and they start to collapse under pressure. It’s better if you have someone who knows the law to back you up.”

Tears started to escape my eyes as I thought about having to have a lawyer and how I could possibly go to jail. My heart rate picked up and I couldn’t even clutch onto my chest because my hands were cuffed behind my back.

“Tavi everything is gonna be fine,” Loren assured me.

“Okay Boyd that’s enough,” one of the detectives called out while getting her away from the police car door.

“Tavi don’t forget what I said!” Loren yelled before they shut my door and headed towards the station.

Dreadful is an understatement for the car ride from the house to the station. It seemed like forever until we got to the destination, but the entire ride all I could think about was the facts in my head. I needed to have my entire story planned out and know exactly all the facts so if they do try to run me in circles I’ll know exactly what to say.