Chapter: 1

Chapter: 1

Trina.

            “Why must you look like him?” I asked my four month old son as he sat in his car seat, with me just looking down at him as I stood in the door of the car, waiting.

            Harlem looked exactly like his father, from the shape of his cheeks, to the sparkle in his light brown eyes, the way he smiled, and even when he slept he looked like him. His light colored skin glowed under the sun as he became irritable from the heat.

            I sighed and looked off into the distance as he started to cry, searching for a sign of his father. We always met up in this particular spot so that he could keep him for the weekend. Of course, his girl, bitch, babymama, main piece or whatever she is, never wanna see my face, and I’m fine with that. The only thing that matters to me is that my son knows who his father is.

            I grabbed Harlem’s green pacifier from out of his diaper bag and popped it into his mouth keeping him from crying. I reached for my vibrating phone from out of my pocket and saw that I had a text from his father.

            BD: be there in 10 mins.

            Me: Shoulda’ been here 10 mins AGO.

            “Always fuckin’ late,” I mumbled under my breath. It was the same shit every damn Friday. I should be grateful he wants to even be in my child’s life, but the least he can do is show up on time, especially when I have things to do.

            Ten minutes later I watched as his Benz pulled up behind my Lexus. He got out the car and stalked over towards me with that stride that always pulled me in, and that’s to say the least. Everything about him was attractive, his dominance, the respect he had, his power, his looks, his body, the sound of his voice. This man was everything, and his girl just doesn’t understand how lucky she is.

            I watched as his light brown muscular body approached me. I felt so small standing underneath him and I loved it. The smell of his cologne crept into my nose. He smiled down at me, making my pearl throb from the look on his face.

            Rolling my eyes, I snapped out of my trance and reached into the car and got Harlem’s car seat unbuckled. “Why the fuck do you insist on showing up late every fucking time?”

            “Watch who the fuck you talkin’ to,” he spoke calmly, making me tingle a little in the inside. “You know I got other shit I be doin’.”

            “Too important for your son?”

            He gave me a deep chuckle and took the car seat from me and headed back to his car, “man miss me wit’ dat bullshit Trina,”

            I followed after him and watched as he put our son into the car, “Shayne, I’m sorry. Look I need you to do me a favor.”