Chapter: 19

Chapter: 19

Shayne.

                "You sure he lives here?" I looked over at an occupied Chris.

                He carefully placed the extended clip into his glock .40 and then looked up at me, "yeah, man."

                I looked in my rearview mirror and saw Nate and Calvin pull up behind me. I turned the ignition off to my car and clutched at the pain on my side. Glancing over at the clock, I saw that it was a little after eleven, I grabbed my phone and realized it was dead. I placed it into the cup holder and grabbed my glock, proceeding to leave the car.

                I stepped onto the wet alley way pavement and Calvin, Nate, and Chris followed suit. I put the black mask over my face and Chris signaled us to follow him, since he knew the way.

                We walked up emergency exit stairs and climbed through an abandon apartment window. The smell of mildew seeped under the fabric of my mask and hit me like a brick wall. We walked swiftly through the empty apartment and made it to the dark, gloomy, pissed smelling hallway. The place was soundless; the only thing that could be heard was the wind from outside of the building through the thin walls.

                "This way," Chris whispered, taking us down the endless hallway.

                We came upon our destination and got into position. Chris put his ear to the door and nodded. Nate kicked the door down with one hit. We were in. A girl with curly matted hair, cocoa colored skin, and a coke bottle, looked up when we burst through the door. The drugs and money spread out around her as she sat in the middle of the floor. Her eyes were glued to the glocks in our hands.

                All four of us stood in a straight line, making sure not to make any sudden moves. The girl looked like she wanted to reach for something, but before she could Nate cocked his gun back, making the sound echo throughout the living area of the apartment.

                She instantly stopped her train of thoughts of anything she might think of doing. Her eyes gazed at us for a second and suddenly moved to the doorway that separated the living room from the kitchen. As a reaction I pointed my gun to whoever she was looking at. The target.

                He dropped the bag of coke, allowing the content in the bag to spill. The lump in his throat was evident and I almost cracked a smile but contained my composure. His eyes darted and immediately shots went off.

                My gun became hot as I fired multiple shots at him. Unexpectedly, expected, a few guys came out from the back, shooting, along with the girl in the living room. My all black Timbs moved as a reaction, trying to dodge anything coming my way.

                The bullets in my gun were down to the last five, but it seemed as though there were more people in the room then I could see. I managed to move through the living room and I got a glimpse of someone in all black peaking around the corner. I looked to the dining room and saw what we really came here for.

                "The feds!" I yelled.

                Everyone became panicky and I ran to the dining room, grabbed one of four black book bags, and headed towards the nearest window. I rapidly opened the window and climbed onto the service stairs and made my way back down to the alley way, with Nate, Chris, and Calvin right behind me. I thought about getting back into the unmarked Escalades, but heard sirens in the distance and decided against it. We parked our individual cars in a separate place, but thought about driving the escalades to get to them, but now wasn't the time.