Chapter: 22

Chapter: 22

Tavi. 

Sandra: Are you coming tonight?

I replied back to Sandra's message letting her know I was indeed going to dinner with her and everyone else tonight. I placed my phone down on the vanity and went back to my makeup. As I was setting  my face Addison walked in. 

"Mommy, why can't I go to dinner?" She asked taking a seat behind me on the bed. 

"Because no other kids will be there. Maurice will be with a babysitter and so will Rico, so there's no point." I informed her. "Have you packed all your things so you can go to grandma Tracy's?" 

She nodded her head, "yes, but next time can I go?"     

"Yes Addison, now go and take Prince out to the backyard before we drop you off." I instructed. She didn't say a word and did as told walking out of the master bedroom. 

Shayne walked in right as she left, talking away on his phone. He went into the walk-in closet, hopefully picking out something to wear since we were on crunch time now. We were meeting Sandra, Nate, Chris, Rasia, Calvin, and Kim at Fogo de Chao for dinner. I wasn't too excited considering that I haven't talked to most of the women in a long time. However, I love Brazilian steakhouses so I wasn't turning down the invitation. 

Snapping me out of my thoughts Shayne walked up behind me not saying a word, so I turned around to meet him face to face. "What?" I questioned. 

"You almost ready?"     

I looked him up and down as he wore a pair of black Nike shorts and no shirt. "The person not even dressed is asking me if I'm ready?" I snorted and went back to tending to my face. 

I knew it wouldn't take Shayne much time to get ready compared to my hair, makeup and numerous outfit changes until I liked what I wore. I just wanted to be difficult, however I was indeed almost done. 

I watched as Shayne walked away going into the bathroom and starting the shower. I brushed away the setting powder before spraying setting spray on my face, as the last touch. I did a basic glossy lip and proceeded to the closet to throw on my clothes. I kept it simple with a tight zip up black one piece and paired it with my black platform Versace boots. I finished the look off with slick back ponytail and a pair of Versace black shades. 

I left out of the master bedroom getting Aubree downstairs, meeting Addison with her belongings. 

"Did you make sure you have everything?" I questioned one more time. 

She nodded her head, putting Prince back into his cage. 

"Ok, well I don't want you to call me crying later on because you forgot something," I warned her. 

"I never cry, so that's a lie." She retorted. 

I side eyed her and laughed putting Aubree into her car seat, "you are the biggest cry baby, please." 

I signaled Addison to follow me out of the house and into Shayne new Mercedes. I got both girls strapped in, at the same time Shayne came out the house dressed in all black from head to toe. We both got into the car taking off towards his mother's house. 

The air filled with chatter from Aubree's baby talk and Shayne's music. I was a little nervous about seeing everyone tonight. They were so unpredictable you could never tell how the night was going to end. My thoughts changed quickly when I remembered seeing Emery. Her telling me that Lix had some dealing with Jasmine didn't sit right with me, Trina just had to go out of town at such an important time.