Chapter: 8

Chapter: 8

Trina.

            Nina and I stepped out of the Miami airport and got hit with the afternoon heat. I had just came back from Cancun early this morning when she came knocking on my door telling me that the deal started today and that it was time for me to go to Miami. Just to make sure I don’t skip out on her, she’s escorting me to my hotel room and keeping top security on me at all times.

            Having the security makes this entire ordeal a lot less stressful. If something goes wrong while I’m escorting they’ll be right there to keep me safe. I’m still a little hesitant about this entire thing, but I really just want Nina off my back at this point.

            We made it to the hotel and I placed my luggage by the door as she made sure to close all the curtains and blinds to be on the safe side. The hotel wasn’t five star; it had a bed and a bathroom on the side with a television and a dresser.

            “You could’ve at least let me stay at the Hilton,” I mumbled, pulling my luggage towards the bed.  

            Nina turned around and crossed her arms over her chest, “you’re lucky I’m letting you live, be grateful.”

            I rolled my eyes, “when the hell do I get to go back home?”

            “Whenever you finish meeting all the clients,” she replied taking a seat on the chair near the window. “Now to make sure you’re still good at this, we’re going to do a test run okay? Tonight my brother will be having a meeting with somebody and he needs you to sit at the dinner with him, can you do that?”

            I nodded my head, “yeah, whatever.”

            “Good,” she cheesed while standing up. “Someone will be up here with your outfit for the night and then you can get ready. And make sure you cover up those bruises on your face, looks like someone beat you up.”

            I watched as she left out the room and threw myself back on the bed. My body was sore from fighting with Tavi and the last thing I wanna do is accompany a bunch of perverts for the next week or so.

            All I could think about is Marco, and I hate it. Just thinking about how he’s enjoying a trip with someone else, other than me makes me mad. Before when Marco used to deal with other girls, I was so unbothered by it. Now that he’s dealing with Tavi, it seems like all these unwanted and unrecognizable feelings are coming out. I guess it’s the thought of losing him and him throwing me away in the wind, is what makes me so angry. This is when I need to start controlling my emotions.

            A knock came to the door and picked me up out of my thoughts. I grabbed the door and an Asian woman was standing in front of me with my skimpy outfit for the night. I took the dress and heels from her and slammed the door in her face.