Chapter: 5

Chapter: 5

Tavi.

            “Let’s get married,” Marco whispered in my ear as he was positioned behind me on his bed.

            The sun was starting to peak through the windows, as I thought about the long night we had. We started in the living room and worked our way to the bedroom, like we used to do.

            After I sent Rashad to jail last year, I got here to Atlanta and ran into Marco. He and I started a sexual relationship, which I thought would only be physical, until he proposed to me. I was in utter shock, at how quickly the relationship escalated. I knew he dealt with Trina but from my knowledge they were done.

            When I realized that I couldn’t marry him, I cut all ties from him, which angered him. I received numerous of flowers and cards in the mail asking for another chance and when I wouldn’t respond back to him he eventually stopped. One card in particular told me that I was the first girl to ever break his heart, and it caught me by surprise.

            Of course Shayne was still in jail when all of this went down, but when he got released and we started a relationship, Marco was furious, and eventually stopped talking to me. There are times when I feel bad and wanna tell him how sorry I am, but Marco’s so love struck over me that one glimpse and he’s back in love.

            “I still got the ring,” he mumbled into my neck as our fingers were entwined together. “Remember when we were younger and we used to pretend like we were getting married?”

            I smiled faintly, “we were kids, all kids do that.”

            I slowly released my hand from his and sat up, wrapping the sheet around my naked body. I looked over at Marco who seemed to be confused. The entire night was filled with sex and dirty talk. I haven’t filled him in on Shayne and I and I don’t plan on it. He’s no fan of Shayne and I wouldn’t wanna bring him up to make him mad.

            “What’s wrong?” He questioned, sitting up.

            I slid out of the bed and grabbed one of his shirts from off the floor and threw it on so that I wouldn’t be naked when retrieving my clothes from downstairs.

            “I have to go.”

            “Mmh,” he hummed.

            I looked over at his sorrow face and sighed, “why don’t you propose to Trina? I’m sure she’d like that. She’ll finally have a man of her own.” I mumbled the last part to myself while fingering my hair.

            “Do you think I wanna be with a hoe that’s been with the entire state of Georgia?” He snorted, “she’s good for one thing.”

            “Why me?”

            “Because you know I always had a thing for you,” he smiled, “you always been my cinnamon apple.”