Chapter: 4

Chapter: 4

Trina.

            I walked into Shayne’s dark mansion and quietly tried to make my way to the kitchen. It was late as hell and I know it was kind of bad for me to be coming in this late, but it’s been awhile since I’ve been out. I left Harlem at his god mom’s house and decided to sit at a bar for awhile to think about what I wanna do about Nina. But I think I need to sleep on it at this point.

            “You know I’m startin’ to think you’re crazy.”

            I stopped in my tracks, in front of Shayne’s office and looked in to see him sitting behind the desk in the dark, with his phone. I crossed my arms over my chest and stood in the doorway, “I think you’re crazy for sitting in the dark like this.”

            “I was waiting on yo’ ass,” he replied.

            “Missed me?”

            “Not at all,” he mumbled. His eyes shifted towards the Hermes bag in my hand and shook his head, “so that’s what you do? You sleep wit’ these niggas for a designer bag.”

            I snorted and rolled my eyes, “Shayne let’s not start, because I can go off a list of things ya’ sweet little angel upstairs did when she was in high school, and don’t act like you don’t know cause word spreads.”

            I could see his jaw flex from my position in the doorway. I shook my head and walked into the office fully and placed my bag down on the desk. Shayne just watched me as I stood in front of him.

            “Are you mad because you heard me fuckin’ someone else?”

            “Nah’,” he replied casually, “just don’t fuckin’ take my shit wit’ out me knowin’.”

            I waved him off as his phone started to ring. He picked it up and began to talk to Chris on the other end. I took this opportunity to explore his office. It was nice and secluded, it hardly looked like he was ever in here, but when he was he wanted to be reminded of his family, or maybe Tavi put the pictures in here.

            On the wall were numerous of pictures of Addison and Aubree, along with Harlem, a few of Tavi when she was younger with her mom as well. I went down the wall of pictures and then came upon pictures of Shayne when he was younger.

            There were pictures of him as a baby with a woman holding him in her lap, who I’m assuming is his mother. There are other pictures from his first days of school and so on. There was one picture in particular that stood out the most. It was a picture of Shayne holding a basketball for the sports picture day. The smile on his face and the look in his eye was identical to Harlem’s. It made me smile to see what Harlem will look like in the future.

            I ran my fingers against the wooded frame as I heard Shayne end his call, “I hope he doesn’t grow up to be like you.” I spoke honestly.