Chapter: 9

Chapter: 9

*6 months later*

Tavi.

            “Addison, seriously, you’re seven years old now, it’s time to give up the cry baby days.” I sighed as we got out the car.

            We walked up to the church as Addison cried about wanting something that she knew she couldn’t have. We walked in and it took me awhile to find my way around the big mansion church. We finally found our way to where Sandra and the other girls were getting ready for the ceremony. Everyone was running around frantically trying to get ready for the wedding and to make sure that everything was right.

            “Tavi, you’re late.” Sandra exclaimed as we walked in.

            I nodded my head and closed the door behind me, “I know. I had a late night last night and this little girl was setting me back this morning.”

            Addison sat down on the white futon on the opposite side of the room, while I grabbed her dress from off the rack with the rest of the girl’s dresses. I took Addison into the bathroom and changed her clothes so that I wouldn’t have to worry about her.

            Once Addison was dressed I walked back out to the main room and all the girls were sitting in chairs getting their make-up done. I took my seat and let the make-up artist touch up my face.

            “Can you put make-up on me too?” Addison questioned.

            “No,” I mumbled. I pulled my phone from out of my pocket and handed it to her, “go over there and sit.”

            She stomped off as all the girls laughed at her dramatic attitude. She was being a handful this morning which caused me to be late. After dropping Aubree off at my mom’s house, I had to swing to the store to pick up medicine for Addison, and she had me chasing her around the store, like it was game. I should’ve just left her with my mom and had Sandra be flower girl-less for the wedding.

            “All the guys are dressed,” Loren announced walking into the room. I looked around and none of the girls had their dresses on or even had their hair done. The wedding wouldn’t start for another two hours so we were good on timing.

            I looked over at Sandra who had a few different emotions plastered on her face. She squirmed in her chair a few times and wouldn’t sit still to save her life. I laughed and looked over at the door as Maurice walked in, dressed in an all white tux.

            “Awe,” Everyone squealed.

            “Addison go stand next to Maurice so we can get some pictures,” Kourtney instructed.

            Addison rolled her eyes and stood near her ex-best friend. Apparently Addison said that she and Maurice are no longer friends anymore for god knows what. I think it’s the fact that the school decided to separate them for their first grade year and now she feels like he’s replacing her with other people.