Chapter: 11

Chapter: 11

Tavi.

            The hospital was freezing, my head was pounding, and my clothes were drenched in blood and water. Everyone kept talking to me, but it seemed like I couldn’t hear anyone but my own heart beat. The entire place was moving in slow motion as I tried to group myself together.

            Sandra walked towards me as everyone gathered around me. She had a change of clothes for me so that I wouldn’t be sitting in Shayne’s blood a minute longer. I took the clothes from her and looked around at everyone who was trying to console me.

            “Tavi, do you want me to go with you to the bathroom?” Sandra asked.

            I slowly nodded my head as Chris helped me up. Sandra escorted me to the nearest bathroom as she basically changed my clothes for me. I was so zoned out and I just couldn’t even bring myself to snap back into reality.

            After the ambulance came they knew that it wasn’t good for Shayne. On the way to the hospital his heart stopped and that’s when things started to go in and out for me. The next thing I knew everyone was in the waiting area.

            Sandra got me back into the waiting room, where I sat in-between Tracy and Loren. They both took my hand and squeezed it to give me comfort, but the only person I want right now is Shayne.

            It’s been almost four hours and a doctor has yet to come out and inform us on his status. I was trying to take the slowness in a good way. Maybe this means that he’s fighting in surgery and that they’re helping him as best as they can. Just the anticipation is eating away at me.

            “Tavi, he’s gonna be fine,” Tracy whispered.

            Everyone in the waiting area nodded their heads in agreement. Rasia, Chris, Kim, Calvin, Nate, Sandra, Loren, Tracy, Brandon, they were all here to pray and support Shayne and to make sure that he was okay. I just hope our prayers are answered and quickly.

            As if God was listening to my thoughts, a doctor called Shayne’s name. The sound of his name immediately brought me back as I stood up with Tracy and Loren to talk to the doctor who seemed to be carrying an unidentified look on her face.

            “Hi are you the family of Shayne Livingston?” she asked.

            Loren and Tracy nodded their heads being patient, but I so badly wanted to attack this lady and ask her if he’s alive or not.

            She looked down at her clipboard and pushed the thin framed glasses up to her face. “Shayne was shot five times: three of them were in and out so we had no complications there. But the other two were a little tricky. He was shot in his back and it missed his spin by an inch so he’s very lucky. Although it missed his spin it still caused some complications with his insides, which he’ll have to deal with later.”