29. Countdown

28 days left...

Just like always, the 2 wake up in the familiar position, except not much time has left for each other.

Yuqi: " Let's attend school Bibi."
Y/N: " Aight." Trying his best to burry the thought that Yuqi will be leaving soon.

They did their morning routine and gathered with the other girls.

The air was heavy,
Minnie looked at Yuqi: " you feeling ok Woogie?"
Yuqi: " Mmhm. Let's go."

They then not say anything else and went to school.

Nothing special went on throughout the day, only Y/N does not leave Yuqi by her side at all.
He wants to do everything he can for Yuqi.

Few days past...

24 days left...

Y/N: " You know what, screw school, come with me Gigi."
Yuqi: " Where are we going?"
Y/N ignored her and pulled her hand gently into their car and drove off.

The entire journey to wherever they were going was quiet, no one spoke.

Soon they reached,
Once again is the familiar place, the park with a small hill in the middle. Their special place.

They both got out and went to that usual spot where they look at sunset again.

With Yuqi leaning on Y/N's shoulder.

Yuqi: " I'm sorry Bibi... looks like I'm going to break my promise with you..."
Y/N: " You ain't gonna break promise with anyone. Now look at me."
Leaving his shoulder Yuqi looked at Y/N in the eyes.

Y/N: " We have made promises to each other, and nobody shall break it, I will always be there for you no matter where you go..."
Yuqi: " But..."
Y/N: " No buts... now, there's only 1 thing left for me to do that is the most important of all..."
Yuqi: " Hmm...?"

Y/N stood in front of Yuqi, slowly kneeling down with 1 leg as he brings out a small package.

Yuqi: " No way...!"
Y/N: " Look here Gigi, I might not be the best guy out there, I might have hurt you once in a while, but in my life, you are everything, I'm considered nothing if you are gone in my life.
This ring right here is the DR marriage ring...
It requires the guy that is proposing to bind his Identity number as in my entire life I can only buy 1 marriage ring to prove my love and loyalty to you... I have written both our names on the certificate for this ring as neither the 2 of us are allowed to receive another ring from another person after engaging with this ring... Now will you be the partner of my life, will you be my wife...?"

Tears form inside Yuqi's eyes of joy, she wants to express herself so much as she has been waiting for this moment for so long, she wants to speak and express but nothing came out.
Not wanting Y/N to wait any longer, she nodded happily as she sticks out her hand.

Y/N gently grab her hand and placed the ring onto her ring finger, as it fits perfectly.

Yuqi: " Quickly stand up Bibi..."
Y/N got back up on his foot and they hugged each other.
Yuqi: " I..."
Y/N: " Don't say anymore Gigi... it has been decided."

Awhile later...

Y/N: " Let's go back home and rest."
Yuqi: " Okie."

They soon reached home,

Minnie: " Oh my god Woogie!"
Miyeon: " Congrats!"
Yuna: " Yah this Y/N didn't invite us to the proposal!"
Y/N: " Sorry..."
Yuqi: " Thank you thank you, hehe."
Soojin: " Finally we get to see you smile again."
Y/N didn't even notice, the days after it was announced of the bad news she have not smile so brightly till now.