𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

The recent events gave a huge slap on Maehara's cheeks. The stories his sister told him about when they were younger is far from realistic.

The prince don't get what he wants in a milisecond. The prince was never perfect. The prince won't always be the protagonist. The prince don't always won his love interest.

"Hiroto! School will start in ten minutes, hurry!" The sister mentioned prior, shouted from downstairs.

Expecting a loud thud on the staircase but instead she's greeted by silence.
"Did this kid left for school early for the first time?"

Deciding to check on her brother out of concern, she trudged up the stairs to the gingerhead's room.

"Hiroto, are you there?"

"Hiro-

"Hiroto?"

~~

"Man, I don't blame Maehara but it seems like he doesn't want me to meet the hottie from yesterday! " Okajima beamed, his back leaned on the window frame.

"Jeez, what can you expect? He probably don't want you to interfere in his best friend's relationship." Sugino chuckled, leaning on the wall across Okajima.

"Rude. " Okajima commented.

"You're awfully quiet, Nagisa"

"U-uhm-" Choking on his drink, Nagisa leaned down as he coughed up.  "I'm sorry. You're saying something?" The bluenette's face flushed red either from the embarrassment or suffocation prior.

"Let's check on the girly? What do you guys say? " Okajima offered while showing a michevous grin.

The other two dead panned as they ignored the pervert and decided to have a conversation among themselves.

~~

"I don't quite remember being this small" you mumbled. Everyone in your class are changed in your gym clothes as girls are in a separate line from the boys. It is the time of the year where they have to take body measurements.

"You're not that small for a female, (Y/n) " Isogai's chuckled patting your head.

"Yeah sure" you replied not quite convinced. Isogai only sighed defeatedly, there's no point convincing you, you'll have to realize it on your own to actually believe.

Silence covered you for a moment. You closed your eyes, inhaling Isogai's musky scent. "Do you think..." you trailed off, catching Isogai's attention.

The dull and clouded look in your eyes makes him think it's something you've been worrying about for awhile...

"Do you think Hiroto's fine?" you asked, his name barely slipping past your tongue at the bitter memory.

Isogai inhaled sharply, stepping forward as the line of the boys shorten. "Probably not," he replied, glancing at you. Soon, it's your turn to step forward.

Isogai chewed the inside of his cheek, he wanted to go see his best friend, he knows you wanted to as well.

"But he's used to it... and that's what makes it even more painful" he stated honestly. They grew up together, side by side. They struggle through the endearments together, they knew each other very well.

It's actually quite unfair that you can see through them with only knowing them for barely a year while they took couples of years.

Maybe it's a talent you haven't figured out as for it's your first time having a friend like...

Like them.

"Do you want to visit him later?"

"Please."

Word Count: 523