𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

Maehara's POV

'Bruh, what if she messeges me!'

'Of all times, why do I have to be forgetful!'

I ran back to the hospital, bumping into several people until I've reached the department where aneki's office is.

I opened the door, she has a wild smile on her face as she placed my phone down on her desk.

"Oh, you came back?" She smiled. She obviously did something malicous.

"Hmm... I forgot my phone" I replied. She raised and phone and waved it to me.

"You usually don't care if you left your phone in my office, what cause you to change?" She asked suspicously.

I can't just tell her that, 'Aneki, I'm inlove' or ' I'll die if I won't be able to talk to the love of my life!'.

"Some important things" I replied, reaching out to get the phone but she pulled it away.

"Hiroto." Her stern voice echoed within the whole room. "A girl called. Who are you flirting with, again? Will you ever stop? Like, how many girls cried for you this year?!"

"I'm not playing with her. Plus, stop meddling and mind your own business" I snatched the phone out of her grasp.

'Wow. I'll get scolded later for sure'

-

(Y/n): did you get home safely?

(Y/n): Hiroto?

-

Two messages and a missed call.

-

Hiroto: i'm fine. sorry, lr.

Hiroto: guess you're already busy, see ya'.

-

It's worrying. Just what did aneki told her?

First Person POV

The next day,

I was looking at Hiroto. I was.

Wait...

He turned to my direction sending me a smile and a wave. I ignored his action and sauntered away to the kitchen to hide.

It is about time the café closes. That means I'm gonna have to walk home with them again.

'Atleast, check on him. He saved you.'

Do I have to bring up my conversation with his girlfriend last night?

"(Y/n)-chan, can you help me cut these desserts?"

I nodded in response sauntering over to Yuuma. My arms brushing against him giving the feeling of being electrified in the process.

We both jumped in surprise with wide eyes. I turned my head away from him as I locked my eyes onto the sweet that's infront of me.

"We haven't hang out for a long time" Yuuma mentioned. I nodded in response.

"Yeah, you're being awkward around Maehara, is something wrong?" He asked.

"no, nothing's wrong" I ended the conversation. His eyes shows pain and uncertainty.

"hm if you say so,"

~~

"Hiroto, can we talk for a moment? Alone." I asked, the four of us decided to take a break in the nearby park.

"Y-yeah sure." Hiroto hesitantly agreed. I could feel Yuuma's stare behind us as we walked away.

"Is you wound okay?" I asked, trying to lift his shirt. I could see his face turning red out of embarrassment; that's when I realized what I am doing.

"i-it's fine. Nothing to be worried about" he scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"u-uhh yeah. Geez, why do I even ask? You look so much okay, though" I groaned, stepping away from him, hidding my flustered face.

"of course. What kind of knight will I be if I let the princess get hurt?" he laughed, brushing off the tension between us earlier.

"you're a knight, huh and here I thought you're a prince?" i laughed with him.

"o-oh. Yeah, your prince, I forgot Isogai's the knight." he laughed, we both eventually forgot what we're here for other than his wound. We lost track of time as we continue to chatter.

Maehara's hand fell from his nape to his side as it slowly reach out to grab my waistline. His eyes looking directly into mine, like getting to know every little inch of my soul. My eyes trailed over to his lips.

"hey, you guys!" Isogai's voice snapped the both of us from the trance.

"hi?" i replied, unsure to what to say.

"what's taking so long?" Kataoka frowned.

"ohh! Can't tell you, it's within our bro-code" i bumped fist with Hiroto.

Now, I feel like a total outsider from this group. Hiroto already have someone, Isogai have Kataoka.

Maybe the girl who answered the phone is the Okano girl. I remember when Hiroto talked about her. He look so attached to her.

"It's really late. Let's go home!" Isogai told us. The three of us nodded.

I'm getting more confused with my feelings? Is it Yuuma or Hiroto? Hell, do I even like anyone?!

Word Count: 758