𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

I don't why, it seems like people have grown a hobby of waking me up through messages or phone calls every morning.

--------------

Hiroto: (Y/n)-chan (// >/ ~ /< //)

(Y/n): why?

Hiroto: are you free for today?

(Y/n): idk. lemme check.

Hiroto: tell me laterrr!

(Y/n): le energy ﹁_﹁

Hiroto: haha. >-<)√

--------------

I swayed right to left on my way downstairs -still in my pajamas.

I peeked to the kitchen, expecting to see my mother with her favourite frilly, floral and pink apron, but instead I saw my father preparing breakfast, already in his work attire.

"Uhm, where's mother?" I asked.

"She got a fever just earlier this morning. You take care of her, okay? I'll try to get home ealier today. Call me if something happens" he placed the small bowl of a soup with tofu and welsh onion.

"There's a miso soup in the ref. heat it up for your mother later." And with that he bid his goodbye and left.

I'll inform Hiroto later that I'm not free, for now... I'll eat first. I'm starving.

~~

I grabbed my phone from upstairs after cleaning the dishes and checking on mother. I almost forgot to tell Hiroto that-

My eyes trailed over to the figure that came in through the window. He dusted himself off before showing me a grin.

"Hello, (Y/n)-chan!" He greeted.

"I'm not free" I told him off.

"Awe! But, I'm already here. What to do now?" He giggled in mischief.

"My mother's sick. I can't hang out with you today" I tried shoving him out but he placed his hand on the wall, practically planting his feet on the floor. "Come on, Hiroto. Don't be stubborn!" I struggle to push him.

"I'll help!" He exclaimed and started pushing back.

"Ha? You wish!" I huffed.

"Come on, I need to improve my image to your mother" he huffed back.

I went through my thoughts for a moment before nodding. "Fine"

He grinned and went out of my room.

"So, what have you planned for today?" He asked as soon as we reached our living room.

"Household chores that she usually does" I replied folding the sleeves of my shirt.

"Alright! Household chores like?"

"Watering the plants, sweeping dried leaves off of the yard and such," I shrugged not knowing what to do first.

"Alright then! Let's water the plants. Show me the way, m'lady" He beamed. I nodded after hushing him down.

At the next two hours we did nothing but cleaning the house. We sat in one of the chairs in the covered lanai.

I set down our drinks and a few snacks such as dorayaki and hanami dangos.

"Your everyday seems so peaceful. It is pacific yet boring." He shrugged, looking at the backyard we put effort on cleaning.

"Yeah." I replied before glancing inside the house, "just when's mother going to wake up?"

As if on cue, a silhoutte can be seen walking down in the hallway. "Mother" I called out. Hiroto followed close behind.

"Father left earlier for work" I said, she nodded weakly I heated the soup father made and gave it to her.

"Oh, you got a friend over" she managed to say between mild cough.

"Thanks for having me" Hiroto while bowing slightly with a polite smile.

"Ah... Maehara Hiroto-kun. Isogai-kun's friend. It's nice to see you again" mother smiled at him. Guess like her view to Hiroto's not as bad as my father's view to him.

She glanced over to the backyard for a moment before looking at us again. "I see, you guys did some work. Have you eaten some snacks?"

"Yes, actually we're just about to eat" I laughed, pointing to the snacks on the mirror-surfaced table.

"Ah, then come and join me."

I nodded at her.

-----------------

*unread message*

Kataoka: I have a date with Isogai on next saturday.

---------------

Word Count: 645