𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅

(A/n): this chapter will show only what happened during the day when they went to the beach.

Might contain a lot of timeskips, sorry about that, I just wanted to show you what happened that is not included in reader's point of view because of course she wouldn't know something she's not apart of. People can't really read mind so...

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

Third Person Point Of View

[With Isogai]

Isogai felt excitement rushed through his veins as his skin felt the warm yet cool breeze from the sea.

Just thinking about what he could do here with you, to have you all to himself even if it meants to be selfish.
Just for once in his life, he wanted to let himself to own something without sharing it. He wouldn't want to share you.

He broke from his own fantasy world as he noticed you haven't gone down from the stairs. He had watched how Maehara suddenly told you something that seemed to catch you off-guard.

He felt a feeling that pushed him to interrupt your little conversation.
His gaze never leaving the two of you, but he had managed to stop to his track as Maehara linked his arm with yours.

"(Y/n)-san, do you want to go grab drink from the nearest store with me?" Isogai finally made it to the two of you, his question came out louder than he intended.

He saw how his sudden reappearance startled you that it almost made you trip. Then he heard it, Maehara called you by your first name.

He felt jealousy, he wanted to be able to call you a name Maehara couldn't, as he marked Maehara as his rival in his eyes.

When he was gone and three of you didn't know where he is, he was... somewhere almost secluded.

He was
.
.
.
.
throwing tantrum.

Very unlikely of him, he wanted to show Maehara that he'll be there whenever you needed him, but how exactly?

He wasn't even sure if you like him or not.

~~

On the way back home, he felt peaceful as your head dropped on his shoulder. He knew exactly you felt very drained. He have to fight the urge to wrap his arms around you.

But he did anyways, catching both Kataoka and Maehara off-guard.

He watched as your face and body showed how much it helped you with this gesture. Your expression soften, as your shoulder relaxed.

He knew at that moment you also felt at peace, probably not the same way he does.

When the four of you split up,

Kataoka said something that made him feel weird.

[With Kataoka]

When she arrived at the train station no one's there yet, she had started making her way towards Isogai's place but then she bumped into you, she felt annoyed. As she was about to make her way to the prince charming, the prince charming's princess have to show up.

She forced a smile, as stayed in the station with you, she saw how you're not really fond of tiring things. She started wondering if... dating someone tires you.

When the four of you arrived at the beach, she wanted to talk to Isogai and confess her feelings but she saw how it affected him seeing Maehara being clingy to you and you not pushing him away.

She decided it'll be best if neither you and Maehara are around.

When the four of you are swimming, the view of you clinging onto Isogai and Isogai feeling satisfied and extremely comfortable with out is something she couldn't stand so she just left.

On the way back, jealousy made her impatient. She couldn't wait but to be too pumped up to confess and mess with Isogai's head.

"I-isogai..." She whispered, she saw how Isogai's mood died down when you and Maehara were left alone. But that didn't stop her, she knew this is one of the best times to mess with his mind, to make him see you wouldn't like him.

Isogai shifted his eyes towards her.

"I like you"

Isogai immediately turned his head away, he felt mad.

"You know, I don't like you" he spoke in a harsh tone.

"I know but hear me out. Not like (Y/ln) will ever like you back. She obviously feel comfortable with Maehara quicker than you, it took you months. Would you look at the situation from a different view. She seemed to like Maehara already. Can't you see? They were already in the first name basis! That fast!"

Isogai poundered on his thought for a moment, realizing Kataoka's right.

But what he didn't know is, she isn't.

[With Maehara]

For the first time in his life he saw how desperate his best friend to have someone for himself. Maehara have told himself a long time ago that he will help him if he ever wanted anything. But what now?

That thing seemed harder than he thought, especially when he's taking liking on you too. He could help but to ask something that a part of him didn't want to know the answer.

"Do you like Isogai?"

That question from himself stopped his own heart for beating for a second.

Since was he afraid of getting rejected, he used to not care.

And then you said, "No".

He noticed how cold the atmosphere turned in between the two of you.
He decided to make sure you don't think so much of it and also decided to play it cool by asking you out.

He knew already you are gonna reject him. So he just braced himself for the impact but that wasn't enough, he shattered internally, he knew it's rude to just leave you in the streets but he wouldn't like for you to see his weakness, to see him looking vulnerable and for you to think that he is weak, pathetic and to take pity of him.

No, he doesn't need one more person to feel sympathy for him. Had too much of them now, he couldn't afford to see someone else to join them, especially you.

Word Count: 1014