𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

It kept me up countless nights.
Thinking about what exactly did I noticed about Kataoka and Isogai.
I wanted to ask Isogai about it though as if that's a thing my ego will agree on. Even knowing Isogai, he wouldn't really make a big deal about it but my ego's far too stubborn.

"Right, (N/n)?" My mother called. I only nodded in response as my parent's joyful laughters echoes through out the dining hall.

"Is earning money hard?" Then my father turned to me. About why am I working... I made a stupid bet with my father about something and that something is: Can I survive on my own, earning my own allowance for daily needs, projects or a new set of uniform through out my whole high school life.

"Not really" I replied, having a great savings is actually quite good and my body's slowly getting used to extra work I have to do after classes.

"That's to be expected" my father replied with a smug smirk on his face, I glared in response.

"Did your school festival went well? I actually forgot to ask" Mother decided to interrupt our little staring (glaring) contest.

"Yeah, a friend visited" I replied.

"Oh, I see. Isogai-kun is really nice, huh?" Mother mused.

"No, Hiroto is the one who went there" I sighed, Isogai seems tad bit mad that I didn't invited him despite knowing him longer than Maehara.

"Hiroto who?" Father haven't met Hiroto.

"Oh, Maehara-kun, he has been walking (Y/n) home lately" My mother explained. My father only hummed in response, both of them are in favour of Isogai.

"Oh, I remember the blonde kid. He looked like a flirt, though. You're not dating him, are you?" Father turned to me, his eyes held such confident that I couldn't explain how nice Hiroto is.

"No" I replied. It's the truth but it felt bitter coming out of my mouth. I feel sorry for him...

No, (Y/n). That's kinda rude.

I feel terrible as I listened how my father spoke about how Hiroto is just a bad influence. And here I thought he didn't judge people easily, because back then with Isogai, he have known that he came from a poor family but didn't mind it.

My thoughts wander around letting all my father's words fell into silence within my mind. After quickly finishing my food, I got up and excused myself. I had enough of this.

~~

Early in the morning, I was surprised to see Maehara waiting outside our house.

"Good morning~!" He beamed, I raised a brow at him as I closed our front door behind me. "You know when it comes to courting someone not only you needed to be a gentleman but of course you also have to be very patient and persistent".

"Okay" I replied dryly.

"Hmm, did you woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" He asked.

"No"

"Oh-"

"I'm not in the mood to talk, Hiroto" I sighed and then later on gulping. "Will you still continue courting me even if my parents prefers Y-yuuma?"

I saw his smile dropped as he lowered his head, thinking deeply, he then raised his head and turned to me with a smile though this time it seemed forced. "Of course. I like yo-... girls anyways"

I hummed in response. Then, I turned to him with an awkward smile. "My parents aren't really fond of you, you know"

"I know" he replied, shrugging it.
I looked at him clueless. "The moment your father made eye contact with me, his bored gaze turned into a glare, plus, your mom kept talking about how perfect Isogai is" he let out a exasperated sigh.

"O-oh" my lips quivered as I fight the urge to pity him. The thought about pitying him made me realize something. I don't pity him, I actually feel empathy instead. I've heard people talk shits about me and I know how shitty it also feels.

Now, starting considering dating Hiroto. But, it might just make my parents' opinion about him worsen.
"If things gets a bit better, maybe I'll consider dating you" I blurted out.

Third Person Point Of View

The sudden confession threw Maehara off-guard. Usually, girls gets nervous around him especially when they have a thing for him so he knew it before they could even say a thing.

It was the first time a confession startled him, it made him feel embarrassed, his face heated not because of something dirty for the first time.

"I-i'll wait" Unknown to him that a smile crawled upon his lips. You couldn't help but smile as well at the view but decided to shake the fuzzy feeling away.

~~

After your confession-like thing to Maehara, he's been more clingy and affectionate that it left you, extremely flustered. Though you like it; you wouldn't really admit.

There is a small awkwardness between the two of you, most the time the two of you would meet each others' gaze, both of your face will eventually heated up causing the both of you to look away from each other.

You are left alone in the kitchen after your shift. It is time to close the store, Yuuma's cleaning the tables outside while Kataoka and Maehara's waiting in a booth.

It is now the time you realize that, the awkwardness between you and Maehara is so much similar to the thing you've noticed between Kataoka and Isogai. It left your heart unsettled.

"Did he? Or did Kataoka..." You asked yourself, you're not really mad at Isogai because he didn't told you, what's making you mad is the fact that he doesn't really have to tell you everything. You're not his girlfriend, not even his best friend.

"(Y/n), we're closing the cafe" Isogai called out, you nodded and took of your apron.

"Today's tiring isn't it" he smiled, his face clearly shows exhaustion. But your mind couldn't really caught up to what he's saying or how he looked like right now.

You leaned against Maehara, you as well feels really exhausted. "I wanna go home" you muttered.

"Yeah, just a few minutes, (Y/n)-chan." Maehara smiled at you, as he supported your body with his own.

"I have a lot of things to tell you" you admitted, this caught Isogai's attention.

'They've gotten so close' he thought. His hand balled in a fist as his thought lingered back to what Kataoka had said nights before.

Word count: 1083