𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

(A/n): Second Person POV starting from this chapter.

☾︎━━━━━━━━ ʚ☫ɞ ━━━━━━━━☽︎

Maehara went to yours and Isogai's workplace in hope to talk to you or maybe explain...? About the picture.

He's guessing it upset you that's why you're avoiding him, but he did not want to get ahead of himself.

He pushed the door opened and searched for vacant seats. Upon seeing his favourite booth empty, he went to take a seat.

He waited to be serve as he carefully leaned back in his seat. However, instead of you or Isogai, he saw a new worker.

"You're ready to order, sir?" The new guy asked politely. Maehara hesitantly nodded his head.

"I'm getting a mocha"

~~

Maehara waited in the cafe for three hours but he did not saw you, only Isogai.

He want to value his pride just recently but guess it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

He decided to ask Isogai, "Where's (Y/n)-chan?"

"Home. She quit from the café." Was all Isogai responded before walking away. Their friendship is surely in a blur in this moment or are they even friends still?

He did waited for you infront of your school the next day but he didn't see you. He waited even after the sun have set hours ago. But his luck isn't gonna help him anytime soon.

He did not see you for the following days.

Meanwhile, Isogai did told you about Maehara and you did everything to avoid him. Waiting by the gates during last break and dashing home the moment classes are really completed.

"We're far enough from the school; we can stop if you want" Isogai suggested noticing your breathless expression.

"Uhh...yeah." You said, resting your hands on your knees as you both panted.

"I can't walk you home though, I have a shift today" He smiled sadly waving a hand at you. You returned the gesture and started walking away.

You stared up the gradient blue to orange view up in the sky. The pastel blue color accompanied by cotton white clouds. You felt peaceful, all your confusion about your own feelings aside, including school, your parents' opinion about Isogai and Maehara.

Just you and the serene surrounding. You haven't felt this nice for months. You wanted to stay out here longer but Maehara also go by this street. Not wanting to risk bumping into him, you took a step closer towards your home before taking another one. Then, taking more faster.

The consecutive steps halted when,

"Hey, hotchick!"

The voice seem familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. You spun around to see a brunette. His head nearly bald if it wasn't for the small countless hair left.

"Uh... hi?"

You sure wanted to scold your own mother for not engraving the 'do not talk to random strangers' deeper in your thick skull.

"Your Isogai's chick, no?" he asked, jogging towards you.

"Oh. No." you replied, it's the guy who made you uncomfortable the first time you saw him.

"Ehh? So you're free. I'd like to recommend some guy if you don't mind." He winked.

Startled by this, you took time to process everything.

"Erm..no th-"

"There's Karma, Nagisa, Sugino, Chiba, Itona and Maehara!" he introduced. "They're all good looking. But, everyone has flaws so don't assume they're perfect but they're good looking, don't worry" he continue to rant, oblivious to your tense up being from the mention of a certain gingerhead.

"Or... maybe you want a piece of Okajima Taiga" He winked again. Something doesn't feel right. You took a step backwards at this.

"No, thank you."

"Eh? You don't want me?" He asked, this even made you more uncomfortable. The male doesn't seem to do this on purpose and just crazy about getting a 'hotchick' of a girlfriend.

"What you got there, Okajima?" A voice interrupt your conversation.

Your eyes flew up to the people who've watched the scene unfold. Your pupils dilated as you tried so hard not to let your knees crumble beneath you.

Word Count: 671