XI

Starting Stages

======================================

How it starts

======================================

"Don't you think that's a bit much, Wil?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah, she literally just got her leg blasted by a fucking giant ass white blob!" Tommy exaggerated.

Techno sat there and ate his food. As much as he wanted to say something, he felt like it wasn't his place. All he could do was listen to the voices and become familiar with the unsettling feeling in his stomach.

"I know it's risky. But, I can't think of anyone else to do the job," Wilbur mentioned.

"I'm literally spying for you right now! We just talked about Manberg!" Tubbo reminded Wilbur.

"And it was very useful information. But I think y/n knows what specifically I'm asking for."

Y/n looked into Wilbur's eyes. They screamed of longing and betrayal. He was longing for hope. She has been going back and forth to Manberg and Pogtopia for a while now. Y/n hasn't been caught before, so maybe it could just work.

"I don't see why not," y/n responded. She continued to eat her food.

"But your leg-" Tommy spoke up.

"Relax, Tommy. There are more healing potions. I'll just take another tonight."

"Will you actually though?" Tommy's expression changed. His eyebrows furrowed and a frown etched itself into his face. "Because the last time something like this happened, you almost fucking died."

"Tommy, please. Calm yourself. She's capable of a lot," Wilbur tried to help.

"I know what she's-" Tommy let out a sigh. "I'm not hungry anymore. Goodnight." Tommy stormed off to his room.

The room went dead silent. No one touched their food or dared to utter a single word. Yes, Tommy was always one to get mad and express his anger. But this was a different type.

Y/n let out a long sigh. "I should get to bed. Got spy work to do tomorrow!" She tried to be cheerful and smile for them. Wearing a mask to hide her true thoughts about the situation. Y/n limped to her room, ignoring Tubbo's cries to help her.

"I guess I should get going too. Before Schlatt notices," Tubbo said. He waved at everyone and left the ravine.

"Sorry about Tommy. He gets like that sometimes," Wilbur apologized to Techno.

"It's alright. I get why he's upset about her going. I mean her leg was messed up," Techno responded.

"It's more than just her leg," Wilbur continued to eat his food. "To Tommy, at least. I'm sure you noticed too. How she acts around us. Especially me..." Wilbur sat there.

Techno looked at Wilbur, not really sure what he meant. The pinkette was intelligent, but not towards people per se. He had come to learn about y/n. But, clearly not as much as he thought.

"Well, dinner is over. I should start cleaning up." Wilbur got up and started to take unfinished plates back into the kitchen.

A new day arose for the four, each one getting up to the smell of breakfast.

Techno was in the kitchen, hard at work. His hair was down and pushed away from his face with a headband. The pinkette's normal red cape was draped over his chair in the dining room. Instead, he wore an apron with small airplanes on it.

y/n was the first in the kitchen. Much like Techno, her hair was down. She walked over to the fridge, trying her best to hide her limp.

"Smells good Techno! I can't wait to eat!" Y/n complimented. "Do you need help setting up anything?"

"Thanks. Uh, could you get the plates out?" Techno asked.

y/n walked around the room, getting plates, utensils, and everyone's normal beverage.

Techno finished long before y/n was done grabbing the plates. Half the time he would be placing food on plates and the other half was spent watching y/n limp around the kitchen.

"Let's bring these out," Techno pointed towards the door.

The two quickly set the table and just in time, Tommy and Wilbur made their way out of their room.

"Good morning!" Wilbur greeted.

"Mornin'" Tommy waved.

They had a relatively quiet breakfast. Only small things were mentioned. Mainly about what each person was doing today and around when they would be back. Breakfast ended with Techno and y/n cleaning up.

When they were done, y/n had begun to do Techno's hair and the other way around.

"And... done!" Techno smiled at his masterpiece. It was just a normal braid, but a nice one nonetheless.

"Thanks! I should get going now," y/n got up from her chair but was held back by Techno.

"Not so fast. You can leave after drinking this." Techno reached into his inventory and pulled out a potion of healing.

"I already drank one before breakfast. I'll be fine," y/n tried to wiggle out of the pigman's grip.

"So you wouldn't mind if..." Techno poked the area of her burn. y/n winced in response, quickly clutching her leg. "That's what I thought. Take it, nerd."

"But, what if you need it?" y/n stood back up.

"Me? Need a healing potion? Please, Technoblade never dies," the pinkette scoffed.

"So much for a humble god," y/n snatched the bottle from Techno and chugged it down. "Happy now?"

"Very," Techno smiled. 

======================================

873 words

======================================