X

Starting to Burn

======================================

A new feeling burnt into us

======================================

Techno and y/n emerged from the portal just in time for dinner. They were a mess. Each one was covered in ash, soot, and some burn marks. The pinkette's arm was wrapped around y/n, supporting her from falling. Her left leg was burnt and blistering. The area was a deep red, black in some areas. Puss was spewing from her bubbling skin.

"Oh shit, what happened?" Tommy asked in a panic. He rushed over to help Techno support y/n while Tubbo pulled out a chair for her.

"We ran into a ghast," Techno answered while thinking back to the event.

The two were returning to the portal after their mining trip. Despite being in a hellscape their walk to the portal was calming and peaceful. They were strolling through a warped biome, passing peaceful endermen and admiring the cyan trees and flora. The pair were enjoying the peaceful silence between them. However, every so often one of them thought of a joke or conversation topic that they enjoyed as well.

Warped trees and nylium began to slim in numbers as they reached the end of the biome.

"If there is one place in the nether I would ever live in, it would be the warped biome hands down," y/n confessed.

"Really? I thought you'd be more of a soul sand valley type of person. You know? Slow and sucks the life outta people," Techno mentioned jokingly.

"Not funny!" y/n laughed while gently nudging Techno. "That's like saying you'd only live in a bastion."

"They aren't that bad."

"The loot's great, but the brutes are lowkey terrifying," y/n admitted, shivering a bit.

Techno chuckled. "Understandable," Techno began to ramble. He was looking out into the area around them, watching the zombie pigmen wander. "...I mean if you look at it-"

The pinkette was interrupted by a rough push from y/n.

"Look out!" y/n shouted.

The situation didn't sink in until Techno was on the floor, staring at y/n. She was laying at the edge of a small hole surrounded by fire. y/n was clutching her leg in anguish.

"Ghast!" She managed to shout and point into the sky.

His head shot up, and low and behold a white figure was floating in the air. Its bloodthirsty crimson eyes were staring down into Techno's soul. The creature was charging up another fireball to shoot down on the two.

Blood...

Kill...

It hurt y/n...

Murder it...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD...

Techno's head began to flood with their words. A blood-red taint filled his vision. His heart was pounding and his breathing quickened. The pinkette shot up from the ground and summoned his bow.

"Do you really want to test me?" The pigman shouted while aiming his arrow at the figure. He released it, landing a perfect hit on the creature. Sadly, it wasn't lethal.

Techno's efforts to grab its attention were meaningless. The ghast let out a loud cry, shooting a fireball in y/n's direction. In response, Techno switched to his sword and dashed towards the woman who had her own bow out.