XXXI

Ephialtes' War Pt.2

==========================
I feel just fine...
==========================

The sun began to hide slowly behind the peaks of mountains. It hoped to shield itself from the nation's craving for bloodshed. Animals ran from the sounds of explosions and cries of the fallen.

By the time Y/n had reached Wilbur, many men laid lifeless on the field. On whose side, no one knows yet. But there were still many that fought over their limp bodies, carefully stepping around them.

"Y/n, report," Wilbur commanded while looking down on the battle field.

The President and a few of his best guards stood on top of a tower by Manberg overlooking the outcome of the war.

"All of the squadrons have been deployed. Team Foxtrot should arrive on the flank any moment now. And the Calvary..." Y/n took a deep breath.

"They're here," Wilbur announced. "Techno made a great spectacle when they arrived. Firing red fireworks into the air. That presence... sent shivers down my spine."

The h/c lady lowered her head. Afraid to see the mess below them, she avoided the edge of the tower as much as possible.

"Get down!" One of the guards screamed, throwing their body over Wilbur as a large explosion met the roof of the tower they were in.

"We've been compromised!" Y/n shouted. "Get Wilbur out of this building! You two up front! And you're with me in the back. Let's move it people!"

The formation surrounded the brunette as they descended the tower. Upon reaching the exit down by the bottom floor. The sounds of war were louder than anything they could say. Y/n counted down from three with her fingers. Once she gave the signal to go the two guards at the front bursted the doors open and were met with soldiers on the other side.

"We'll hold them off. Keep going!" One of the guards spoke.

Y/n took Wilbur by the arm and continued to drag him around the field. Until an axe came hurling down on her. Sapnap's menacing face came into view. The woman quickly let go of Wilbur's arm and shielded them both from the attack. She unsheathed her sword and stared into Sapnap's bloodthirsty eyes.

"Take him and run!" Y/n commanded the last guard. Not a second after she finished her statement, they were gone.

"You think hiding that scum will help you in the long run? Pogtopia's a fool for thinking they could win this war!" Sapnap shouted, bringing his axe down again.

Y/n dodged the man's attack and swung back. Her sword met his axe by the hilt. "I thought you wanted to help us."

"That was always your issue," He said, continuing his attempts to attack the lady. "You're always too quick to trust others. Never once thinking of the possibility they would hold you back. I mean, I've been your enemy from the beginning! And you still thought I had your best interest at heart. That's so sweet. But this, this is war."

Their weapons clanged and clashed as they kept pushing for the kill. Each one of their swings gained momentum and came down harder than the last.

"I bet you never even found the true traitor in your ranks!" He teased.

"Like you would know. I bet everyone in this disgusting town forgets you even exist," she threw back.

"Oh, I know who it is!" He scoffed. "It's your fucking President dumbass! We just made you push him a little further off the edge!" Sapnap cackled.