XXXIV

Back of My Head

======================================

You were always on my mind...

======================================

The morning sun shone through the windows and into closed crimson eyes. Sounds of Clanging pots and pans bounced along the wooden walls. Causing Techno's ears to twitch. Slowly he began to rise like the gentle waves outside.

So far, Techno has come to a couple possible conclusions. He wanted to settle on the idea that Phil was named "New" in this town. But it was quickly debunked by their constant use of "she." So, Techno linked her to Phil's hidden beloved. He doesn't know much about her other than they can only meet at night. Which would correlate to the moon motif.

Techno rode on that suspicion for the rest of the night. With Y/n's former ties with both Phil and his lover, it wouldn't be surprising if they were connected in some way. Possibly Phil was praised formerly in this town, saved "New," and got a statue built for her.

But why would Phil bring him here? To help relieve his grief and guilt. Sadly, he's wrong on all fronts.

"Rise and shine, mate! It's time for breakfast and the finishing touches of the festival," Phil greeted as Techno walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks," Techno said.

The duo sat across the round table together, eating their food and listening to the waves.

"I'm assuming you're close to this New person everyone keeps talking about," Techno stated.

"You could say that," Phil said in between bites. "I always stay with them whenever I visit."

"Where are they now?" The pinkette asked.

"They'll be back tonight for the festival. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of them," Phil laughed to himself while finishing his food. "Wash up here, please. I gotta help with some of the last things that need to be done for the festival tonight, so I'll be out all day. Feel free to explore the place. Read something, whatever."

Techno nodded while he kept eating.

"Just one last thing. I'm sure you already saw it. But remember that door?" Phil was referring to the locked door upstairs. Techno nodded. "That's New's room. I don't recommend going in there when she isn't here."

"Thanks for the reminder. I would've never guessed not to go into the locked room," The pinketted stated sarcastically.

The blonde let out a soft chuckle, "Good one. I trust you. The voices, however?" He smirked and waved Techno goodbye.

Since he was going to be left alone all day, he decided to wash up and go straight to the library. It wasn't like the pigman was denied going out. He just didn't want to. So he spent all day exploring the selection of books inside the house.

He started on the first floor. In total there were three stories that went into the library. Techno found that the first floor was full of fantasy novels, children's books, young adult stories, and much more within those genres. Not really his favorite type of reading, so he moved up to the second floor. There were horror, mystery, adult romance novels, comics, and more like those books. The second floor was a little closer to his favorite types of storytelling, but not close enough. Eventually he made it to the third floor.

The third floor of the library was a lot different than the other two. It was a little smaller and the arrangements of the bookshelves were not like the normal rows, but it seemed to make a spiral. As he made his way to the center he realized this floor was chuck full of non-fiction and historical documents. They looked as old as time. In the center was an enchanting table. He hummed when he found it, expecting something like it to be there. Techno was a little disappointed in it though. The man was expecting to find something a little more interesting. Quickly, he realized he had spoken too soon.