XIV

I Thought I Could Trust You

======================================

How dare you put us in jeopardy? 

======================================

Y/n had just gotten back from spying on Manberg again, only to go back multiple times as per Wilbur's request or her own choice. She would "run in'' to Karl pretty often and have light-hearted conversations. Each one ends in Karl asking if she had changed her mind about switching sides. However, y/n stood her ground and stuck with Pogtopia.

Her back was killing her after the many repeated hours she spent in a nearby tree watching people work. More so keeping an eye on Schlatt and his whereabouts.

As she was walking down the steps to the ravine, she heard shouting at the bottom. Tommy and Wilbur were at it again. About what? That was something she couldn't put her finger on. She walked down and saw the two facing each other. Tommy was clenching his fist, his clothing was a little dirty after a while spent in Pogtopia. He wasn't hurt, nor did he seem to be distressed. Wilbur on the other hand. He had wide eyes. His hair was a mess, knotted and disheveled.

"What's going on Tommy?" Y/n asked. She placed a hand on his tense shoulder.

"Tell Wilbur he's being ridiculous! He—" Tommy was cut off by Wilbur's frantic words.

"Don't tell her Tommy! We can't trust her!" Wilbur screamed.

This set alarms off in y/n's head. Something was going on and it wasn't going to be good.

"What do you mean you can't trust me?" The woman asked, a little offended. She let go of Tommy and started to approach Wilbur.

"You've been going off to Manberg a lot recently! Who says YOU aren't going there just to help Schlatt?" Wilbur accused.

"Why would I help that horned fuck?"

"You're still under his contract, y/n! You could be his little spy. Only here to fucking kill us, but you can't cause someone's got a boner for Techno!"

Y/n couldn't believe what she was hearing. Did he think she would go behind their back like that?

"Of course I'm not Schlatt's spy! If I wanted you dead I would've just let your sorry ass bleed out in the forest and kill Tommy. Nothing, even Techno, could've held me back from that. I didn't even know the man then!" Y/n huffed. "Stop making accusations you can't back up. You're getting in your own head Wilbur."

"Oh, y/n, y/n, y/n. I'm not the fool here. My mind has only been telling me nothing but the truth! Unlike you, Tubbo, heck maybe even Techno! All you've done is lie to me!"

"Wilbur..." Tommy softly called from behind the fuming woman.

"Shut up, Tommy! You just keep yip yapping about the right thing and the wrong thing to do. Well, open your eyes! Listen to what I have to say, Tommy. You know what to do," Wilbur looked sternly at Tommy.

"I can't let you do it, Wilbur," Tommy replied. His usual mischievous tone had died down.

"Do what Tommy," Y/n asked. Wilbur was groaning in frustration at the same time.

"Common Tommy! Think about it! If we can't have the L'manberg we want then no one can! Let's be the villains in our history book. Let the world see us for what we truly are," Wilbur debated.

"What do you mean, villain?" Y/n asked again.

She was beginning to grow desperate. Y/n felt out of the loop, an important loop. Her stomach clenched tighter and tighter as every moment passed. Whatever they were inferencing must be bad if they couldn't even say it out loud.

"Tell me!" She demanded.

Tommy just stood there, weighing his options. He didn't spare any mind to y/n's pleads. His gaze was dead set on Wilbur. What he was planning wasn't the greatest thing in the world. But it could give some leverage. Yet again, lives would be at risk. What was the right move?

"If it'll make you feel better, maybe you could," Tommy agreed.

A weight dropped in y/n's gut. Something bad was going to happen and she couldn't do a single thing to stop it. Heck, she didn't even know what it was.

"Thank you, Tommy," Wilbur smiled.

"I'm not a hundred percent with that decision. I'll think about it more tonight. Just, promise you will too. We should be heading off to bed anyway," Tommy scratched the back of his neck.

"I will. Just for you," Wilbur said before leaving the two alone at the bottom of the ravine.

It was quiet between the two. Tommy couldn't bring himself to tell her about it. He knew how she would act. Pogtopia would lose their shield but they needed her.

"Y/n... I'm sorry," Tommy apologized, giving the woman a guilt-littered look.

"No, Tommy. It's fine," Y/n sighed. She gripped the shoulders of the young man and looked him in the eyes. "Just please, whatever you decide, help Wilbur get back to his senses."

There it was. A look Tommy has only seen once before. Y/n was desperate. She was at a loss for words or actions. The woman couldn't do anything about this one. The outcome of this decision weighed on Tommy's shoulders.

Her hands roughly combed through her h/c locks. "Think logically, Tommy. Your emotions won't save us this time. Thinking about it... they never really did..."

Tommy's chest tightened. He wanted to reassure the woman. But what could he say to make this any better?

"I'm off to bed," Y/n announced. "You should get some rest too, sir," she said before walking off to her room.

Y/n words stung. Tommy didn't know how to handle it. She almost never seemed to be one to give up. Y/n was always trying to lift people up, give them hope in their darkest moments. But she was defeated. Could this be fixed? Was their friendship okay? He needed answers. Wilbur wasn't any help, he was busy unscrewing his bolts. Niki and Tubbo were in Manberg. So he turned to the only person he thought he could... Technoblade. 

======================================

1005 words

======================================