VIII

Better If We Work Together

======================================
Having a comrade isn't so bad sometimes
======================================

Techno's pink eyelashes fluttered as he opened his eyes. He was tucked away in his bed trying to wake himself up. The pinkette rubbed his eyes while slowly lifting himself up and onto the edge of the bed. His ears began to twitch when started to make out the voices of his comrades mumbled past his door. Techno let himself wake up a little more before reaching down into his chest. In it, his fingertips met with a rough and pokey feeling. He lifted his mask over his eyes then swiftly it strapped on.

The pinkette made his way to the door, the voices getting clearer and clearer with every step.

"There he is! What's been up with you, man?" Tommy announced from beside Tubbo.

The dim light of the raven hit his eyes. It was dark in his room, so the light from the ravine took a little adjusting too. But it didn't take long for him to fully see what was in front of him.

"What do you mean? I was only out for a few hours," Techno retaliated, taking his designated seat next to the h/c headed woman. She was laughing at his concept of time or lack thereof.

"By hours you mean days. You were knocked out! Y/n and Tubbo had to take over your farm." Wilbur informed the pinkette.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" Techno asked in a panic.

"We tried! But you looked peaceful and we knew how long you hadn't been sleeping. So, we just let you go. It wasn't that big of a deal," Y/n shrugged. She pushed her untouched plate in front of him and got up to get herself a new one.

"More like you let him sleep in," Tommy mumbled to himself.

Techno slouched in his seat, running a hand through his bed head. He sighed and ate his food.

"You know, I'm disappointed in you Techno," Tommy started.

"Same! You've gone lazy on us," Tubbo continued.

"Oh please, I've done so much for this group," Techno stated.

"I beg to differ," Tommy scoffed.

"I can vouch for that," Wilbur joined.

"Same here," Tubbo said.

"Tell me then, who has done what to surpass me?" Techno genuinely asked.

Right after Techno's question, y/n rushed into the room and scoffed down all the food in her mouth.

"Slow down y/n. You're gonna end up choking," Wilbur warned.

Y/n took a big gulp and chugged her water down. "I forgot that I had to pick up supplies from Niki today! Farming took a lot longer this morning, so breakfast came late," Y/n rambled as she scurried around to put away items and pack new ones. "In short, I gotta go! She'll be disappointed if I don't make it in time. That and she might look sketchy with a bunch of stuff for no reason! I'll be back in a few," the h/c headed lady waved and rushed out of the ravine.

"I'd vouch for y/n's work actually," Wilbur asked with a smug expression. The minors began to nod in agreement.

"She got a head start," Techno explained, taking a large bite out of his food.

The boys had finished eating, leaving Techno and Wilbur to clean up since Tommy and Tubbo had something to do.

"So," Wilbur spoke up next to the pinkette, "what do you think?" He was scrubbing dishes, never sparing a glance at Techno while cleaning.

"About?"

"About y/n? You've seem to grown a liking to her," The brunette teased.

"Relax, it's nothing like that. I mean, sure. She's a hard worker. I kinda wanna see her in the battle field though. I manage to see a little when I first got here, but that's just a bow and arrow."

"I'd say she's pretty decent at battle. She was able to hold her own against Dream. Didnt come back looking the best if I'm honest," Wilbur let out a long sigh.

Techno hummed in response. Was this the situation Tommy was talking about?

"You can always ask her to train with you. I'm sure she'd be more than glad to do it."

"I might just do that another day. I need to go mining anyways," Techno said while he finished washing the last of the dishes. Leaving Wilbur to just finish drying them off.

"Have her tag along with you. She'll be able to get some work done."

"I don't know about that, man."

"Oh common! It'll help you catch up with the process you've lost from your lack of slee- nap," Wilbur cleared his throat.

"See I know I shouldn't have taken a nap," Techno ruffled his hair.

"Or maybe you should listen to a certain someone and develop at least somewhat of a sleep schedule. So, this doesn't happen again?" Wilbur nudged.

"I'll ask her when she get home then." Techno began to make his way out of the kitchen.

"Atta boy. I'll be out till dinner, so I'll see you then Techno."

"Bye."

Later that day, y/n came back with materials from Manberg and some she picked up on the way back. There were medical supplies, wood, some food, ores, and clothes for y/n since the boys were already situated.

It seemed as if everyone was off doing their own thing. So, when she saw Techno rush out of his room she was taken by surprise.

"Hey, y/n—"

"AAAAHHHH!" Y/n screamed at the top of her lungs. "For fucks sake Techno. You scared the shit out of me."

"Is that why it stinks over here?" Techno joked. Y/n, clearly unamused, softly smacked the cackling pigman.

"I just wanted to ask if you'd gone mining?" Techno asked as he watched the woman go back to sorting items.

"Not yet today. Why? Do you need me to grab you something while I'm out?"

"No, I was just wondering if..." Techno started to fidget with his hands, "you'd like to go mining with me? Maybe help me out with my little project. It'd be faster too since I lost a few days of work."

"Sure! I'm fairly confident in my skills. Just give me a moment to prepare," y/n smiled. "What are we mining for?"

"Netherite."

"Sweet! I'll meet you in front of the portal in about thirty?"

Techno gave the woman a small nod. He watched as she disappeared into a different part of the ravine.

Techno had spoken to the woman on multiple occasions, and from what he can pick up on she's a new personality. There was something alluring about her. One could call her a magnet of some sort. But what was stranger was he felt like he had met her before. Somewhere distant.

Techno began searching his memories. Pulling locations and people out from the deepest part of his consciousness.

y/n...

The voices began to surface. It seemed as if they had something to say to Techno. Like they knew something he didn't. He listened closely. But, nothing. They went silent and Techno was left to search alone.

======================================
1196 words
======================================

I'm so sorry for not updating last week. I'll do my best to update again this week to make up for it. Thank you for your patience everyone <3