XII

Eyes On Manberg

======================================

You hold me down

======================================

The tree's leaves rustled together as y/n climbed it. She was hiding within the trees by Manberg, letting the leaves cover her body.

Schlatt, Quackity, and Tubbo were walking together, seemingly talking. They had materials with them. Possibly preparing for an event, a big one.

Y/n watched their every move. However, the distance from where she hid to where they stood was too far for her to hear. She tried to read their lips, but it ended in a wild thread of absurd sentences. Much like, "That's a nice cock."

The woman's head whipped around to look at her surroundings. She could hear the footsteps of something or someone from underneath her.

"She's gotta be around here..." y/n heard the person mumble to themself.

Y/n adjusted herself in the tree as quietly as possible to watch them look around. It was a young man with messy brown hair. He had light brown eyes and wore a multicolored hoodie with a green swirl in the middle.

The man passed by the tree she was in, continuing to the edge of the forest. Causing y/n to hop down from where she was at and tail him.

"Oooh, y/n...?" The brunette man called out.

The woman's heart began to pound out of her chest and she started to heat up. Why was this stranger calling out her name? What was he doing there? Who is he?

Without a second thought, y/n snaked her arm around the man's neck and put him into a chokehold.

"Why are you looking for y/n?" the woman asked.

The man was in a panic. He wasn't struggling, but his eyes and his voice made it obvious.

"I'm not looking for anyone. Please don't hurt me!" he cried.

"Explain yourself first, then I might just let you go."

"I'll tell you! I promise! Just let me go!" The man begged.

y/n dragged his body closer to a nearby tree and started to tie his wrists to a thick branch. The woman stood in front of the man and crossed her arms.

"Talk." Y/n's tone was darker than her usual cheery one. It was cold and stern. She had no room for sympathy.

"I was wandering the forest to get some apples! I was getting kinda hungry, you know?" He nervously explained.

Y/n stared at him unamused.

"I'm Karl Jacobs by the way. I'm, uh..., new."

y/n found it strange someone was willingly looking for apples to eat. He wasn't even tearing down leaves when she noticed him. She found the mystery man to be suspicious, but something told her not to worry. Maybe it was his bright aura? Whatever it was, she let her suspicions slide just this once.

"Strange time to welcome new members. Yet, again Manberg has been trying to expand... Sucks to see it's actually working," y/n sighed. "Seems like we got off on the wrong foot." Y/n gave him a sweet smile and softened her tone. "I'm f/n l/n. A member of Pogtopia."

"Nice to meet you! Now could you untie me?" Karl politely asked.

"Oh! Sure thing."

y/n swiftly untied his ropes and offered him some food. "Maybe you could side with Pogtopia? We're currently building it, but we could use some help," y/n offered.

"Pogtopia, huh? I have friends in Manberg though. Why aren't you there?" Karl accepted the food.

"I used to work for the former President there. Technically, I'm still legally bound to that country. But I wanted to side with the people I've sworn to protect ever since I got here. So, for now, Manberg is my enemy."

"But you gotta have had so many great memories there! Surely a lot of friends who miss you too..." Karl pointed out.

"Maybe..." y/n wondered.

"Maybe you should switch sides, you know? I'm sure Manberg could use someone as fierce as you were earlier," the brunette giggled.

y/n joined in. Maybe he was right? She did have Niki there, Fundy too. Plus, there must've been a handful of new citizens that y/n would've loved to meet. But as her head flooded with the endless possibilities of siding with Manberg, an image popped through her head. A pink-haired halfling with a comforting smile, the feeling of her hands in his hair, and his overly sarcastic comments. He was enough to make her feel content with staying in Pogtopia.

"I know where my loyalty lies."

"But what if your loyalty leads you to something terrible?" Karl almost mumbled. "I mean, you never know what could happen... right?"

Y/n was taken back by his words. It never occurred to her that she could be on the wrong side of history.

"Right..." she stood there in thought for a moment. Eventually giving up on the ideas Pogtopia was in the wrong. Schlatt was and always had been a dictator. Nothing could have changed that. "Well it was great meeting you but it seems like we'll have to part. The offer still stands if you're up for it," y/n slowly started to back away from the conversation.

"And if you ever reconsider, I'll be there to welcome you with open arms," Karl waved.

Y/n waved back and disappeared into the trees again.

Karl walked away from the woman with a dissatisfied look on his face. He knew what would become of the woman and he was determined to put an end to it. All he needed to do was keep her from him. But, could he do it alone?

Karl disappeared from y/n's sight and y/n continued her work unbothered.

======================================

916 words

======================================

The story is still on hold for a bit, but I wanted to post to remind you guys to keep sending support to your local Technoblade. It's really upsetting to hear what happened to him. But he's young and started treatment as quick as possible so I'm wishing for a safe recovery for him. I hope all of you guys are doing okay. Make sure to look after your health and enjoy your day!