I

High Hopes

======================================
The moment before everything went south...
======================================

The streets were bustling with people. Voices boomed and muddled together as everyone began ranting on the events of today, L'manberg's first election results were in! An inauguration was set in stone for the citizens of L'Manberg to witness. Crowds of people were babbling and walking down the streets, eager to hear the results. But as all the excited citizens made their way to the stage, nerves had made their way to a certain young boy's stomach.

"Aww, y/n! When is the event gonna start?" The young boy asked.

Blonde locks neatly sat under his hat. He was sporting the well-known L'manberg uniform. Never really straying from it since the revolution. His bright blue eyes shone with hope, but his actions seemed to portray something different. He was pacing back and forth in front of the calmer woman.

This woman chuckled at Tommy's eagerness. She was wearing the same uniform as the young boy before her. However, her collar was designed to cover her whole neck. Her h/c hair was neatly tied into a bun, with two strands set loose in front of her face. y/n's eyes glowed e/c. Around her waist was a belt and sheath that held her enchanted netherite sword.

"Relax, Tommy. I'm sure it'll start soon," she said, giving the blonde a reassuring smile.

"Way to be useful, woman," Tommy said, sighing. He stopped pacing and stood by y/n with a disappointed look etched on his face.

"Not like I'm running the event. I'm only here to make sure no one tries to shoot down Mr. President," she responded, crossing her arms.

"To which, she's done an excellent job," a tall brown-headed male said approaching the two. Of course, he was wearing the same L'manberg uniform. He just wore it better. His uniform was pristine. There wasn't a single sign of any wrinkle or lint on his clothing. It was like his uniform was brand new.

"I still don't understand why you hired this woman, Wilbur," Tommy said with a slight bit of distaste.

"n/n has proven herself to be quite gifted, Tommy. Ever since the revolution, she has shown nothing but loyalty," Wilbur said while tightly gripping the woman's shoulder.

"But she's American!"

"We've had this conversation before Tommy," Wilbur groaned while letting go of y/n.

"Yeah, yeah, she was a rarity amongst all Americans," the young boy softly mumbled.

Quickly after his little bit, he moved onto bothering the competition. Specifically targeting a certain masked man with a pixelated smiley face and his running mate wearing Willy Wonka sunglasses.

Tommy didn't hate y/n. He just found it funny to rant about the woman's origins, maybe tease her a bit. y/n did those things as well. They felt like family after all. He knew she wouldn't do anything to hurt the boy, and the same went for her.

Each party was soon talking amongst one another. Either about fraudulent votes or attempting to intimidate the competition. y/n barely spoke, but she never left the president's side. She sent glares at the men and woman (I love Niki) that threatened Wilbur's position. Even if some of them were old friends, she had to do her job.

There were four parties. First, was none other than Pog2020, a campaign that consisted of Mr. President himself and the Tommyinnit. Both hoped to be established legitimately as the leaders of L'manberg. Second, Swag2020, led by the pixelated man, Quackity, and member of the Dream Team, George. They entered more so for the sake of competition than presidency in earnest. Third, Coconut2020 consisted of Wilbur's son, Fundy, and his running mate Niki. Fundy joined to prove himself to his father and Niki was there to help every step of the way. Fourth, Schlatt2020 was a one-man show. The horned businessman, JSchlatt, was running his own campaign. Goodness knows why he did.

"Who's this young lady, Wilbur? I thought party members were only allowed back here?" Schlatt asked.

"This is y/n. My bodyguard," Wilbur stated, gesturing towards the lady.

"You need a bodyguard?" George chuckled.

"Isn't Dream like your bodyguard or something?" Tommy asked. "Every time something happens you always whine to the green man and he comes running to save you."

"That's not true," George retaliated. His British accent shined through his words.

"Oh look at me I'm Gogy! Oh no, don't hit me Sapnap! Dream! Please save me! Dream help!" Tommy mocked.

"I don't always ask for Dream's help, you child," George said, quickly getting aggravated from the blonde's antics.

"You, bastard. I'm not a child," Tommy stated, growing aggravated himself. Wilbur, uninterested in the bit, raised a hand to Tommy. Which successfully stopped the young boy's teasing.

"At an event like this I would rather be safe than sorry," Wilbur responded, scanning over his adversaries. "I should get the event started now. If you'll excuse me."

======================================
824 words
======================================

A new storyline branches out! I'm so excited to write this and I hope you all are excited to read this. I'm big in prewriting so expect an update every other week or so. It's gonna be pretty lengthy. Anyways I hope y'all enjoy the story!