V

Our Home Away From Home

======================================

Harder to feel comfortable in

 ======================================

"We definitely can't get L'manberg back!" Tommy groaned.

They were out in the forest. Each one of them was desperately trying their best to gather materials. Every once in a while, y/n would force Wilbur to rest so his shoulder could heal.

"Is this really what we've been left with?" Tommy said, astounded by the lack of riches. He was making them a new home. It was a cramped hole in the side of a mountain.

"It's our new nation!" Wilbur responded. "We need to protect it."

"Looks more like an ugly hole," y/n bluntly said. Watching the young boy place a door at the entrance.

Her hair had fallen after all the gathering. Flowing in loose waves down her back and ending at her waist. Y/n ended up losing the tie that once held up her hair.

"Don't bash at my hole! I think it looks beautiful," Tommy scoffed.

"You wish it did," y/n laughed while continuing to chop down a tree.

Suddenly, a loud screeching could be heard. An ominous crow had perched on a nearby tree with a letter in its claws. y/n cautiously walked up to the creature. It cawed at the woman. Then dropped the note and flew off in the direction of L'manberg.

"That bird was fucking disgusting," Tommy stated. Wilbur rolled his eyes and approached y/n while she picked up the piece of paper.

"What's it say?" Wilbur asked.

"Don't know yet," she said, opening it up.

Wilbur peered over her shoulder to read it for himself. Tommy eventually joined the small huddle, peering over y/n's other shoulder.

My dear citizens of L'manberg. Please tune into your jukebox for the second presidential speech!

Your loving president, JSchlatt

"Are we tuning in?" Tommy turned towards Wilbur.

"Let's go," The brunette commanded.

The three made their way to the jukebox. It was placed in the corner of the hole. y/n had placed it there so she wouldn't have to carry it. She always kept one on her just in case Wilbur, Tommy, or Tubbo wanted to listen to one of the music discs Tommy took so much care of.

"Welcome citizens of L'manberg, and our little exiles. One day we'll find and end you three." He promised. "But that's not what we're talking about today. Our nation has grown beautifully throughout my presidency. Shouldn't we share it with the world? Today, I reckon our country needs to expand. I reckon we take these walls down! All citizens are obliged to help tear down these walls immediately! Ending the second presidential speech. Let's get moving!" Schlatt finishes and the jukebox cuts off. The speech was short but packed a punch to the revolution veterans.

"I need to see this!" Wilbur cried.

"That's not a good idea, man!" Tommy cried after him.

"Wilbur, think this through," y/n grabbed onto his good shoulder and turned him around.

His gaze met y/n's e/c eyes. "Please, I need to see this with my own eyes," He begged. Wilbur's eyes looked strained. He didn't want to believe it. The more he waited the worse the anticipation got. She sighed and let him go.

"Just be safe. Watch out for your shoulder and don't push yourself too much," she said. Wilbur nodded.y/n then walked down into the mines to distract herself for a while.

She hated leaving him alone, especially at times like this. He was vulnerable and mad. She could see him slowly losing himself the longer he stayed out here. y/n had always stood by Wilbur's side. She respected and admired him as a leader and a friend. Arguably she probably knew him better than anyone.

As the two were occupied with their own thing. Tommy had decided amongst himself to sneak into the DreamSMP and take an ender chest.

y/n heard it first. The cries of the young boy were never quiet ones. She quickly went up to the jukebox to hear Tommy screaming.

"Tommy? Where are you?" y/n asked, slowly beginning to panic.

"Umm, so I may have gone to the DreamSMP," He chuckled nervously.

"Please tell me you're safe," y/n begged.

"About that..." Tommy screamed. "I've been spotted! I've been spotted!"

Y/n sighed and immediately made their way to the blonde. Eventually, she found him crawling on the floor. A skeleton horse was stranded around the area, but it seemed to have been tamed. Before thinking, Y/n jumped onto the horse and rode towards Tommy, who was desperately trying to dodge arrows. She let her hand out for Tommy to take and helped pull him onto the horse.

"What were you thinking?" Y/n yelled.

"We needed an enderchest! So, I got one!" He explained.

"That was reckless, Tommy! You could've gotten hurt!"

"But I'm not. See?" He held out his arms, quickly grabbing back onto Y/n's shoulders. The woman sighed, continuing down their path to their new home.

They eventually made their way back. Wilbur sat at the table, waiting for the two.

"You cannot believe what Tommy had recklessly decided to do!" Y/n complained.

"I know what he was doing," Wilbur acknowledged.

"So you let him do that?"

"Yes, I did."

"You fucking—" Her anger rose only to immediately die down. "Whatever put the chest down."

Tommy did as he was told and placed the enderchest down. Y/n immediately opened it up. She pulled out her enchanted netherite armor, her tools, and her weapons. She removed her coat once more and began to strap the armor on her body.

"What the actual fuck, y/n. You had this the whole time?" Tommy was astonished. He had never seen her wear armor. Especially anything as fancy as enchanted netherite. Putting his iron armor to shame.

"I like to grind in my spare time. It helps me clear my head," she said.

"Glad to know, one of us is prepared for this battle," Wilbur commented.

"Better safe than sorry, right Wilbur?" The woman teased. "I can start grinding while you two can formulate our plan. I'll be in the mines if you need me."

Y/n was out of sight, leaving the two males to their devices.

"Even with one of us prepared, I still think we need more help Wilbur," Tommy claimed.

"What are you suggesting?" Wilbur asked.

"Wilbur, we need the Blade," Tommy suggested.

It was a far stretch for sure. Wilbur didn't know how to feel about bringing an anarchist into the mix, another American nonetheless. 

====================================== 

1063 words

======================================