XXVI

Sparks

======================================

I never liked fireworks anyways.

======================================

The moon was full, shining its white light on the people in Manberg. Lights pointed towards the stage where Schlatt and Quackity stood waiting for the attendees to find seats. They watched their audience flood in like vultures. But Tubbo stood nearby smiling. He was excited about his speech. The brunette did his best preparing for it and writing it down. It meant a lot to him that his friends had come to watch him give his speech too, which added to his motivation to make it the best he could ever make.

Techno and Y/n sat a few rows away from the stage. Their spirits were higher than ever. Maybe this festival wasn't so bad after all?

Oh, how wrong they would be.

"Hello!" Schlatt's voice boomed through the speakers with a high-pitched squeal. "Tubbo, what the fuck? The mic isn't even..." the horned man complained while Tubbo quickly fixed the microphone. "Hello?" Schlatt tested, pleased with the outcome. "There we go much better!"

"My citizens of Manberg and honored guests, thank you for attending our first ever festival in celebration of this fine country!" The crowd cheered. "Now, Tubbo may fuck up sometimes but he has done quite an excellent job at putting this together for everyone to enjoy. Without him, I don't think Manberg would be where it is today." Schlatt complimented.

"Aww thank you, Schlatt," Tubbo's faint voice could be heard from the microphone.

"So when I heard that he wanted to share to you his admiration for this country, who would I be if I stopped him? Right? Now without further ado, I would like to bring up the big man himself. My right-hand man, Tubbo!" Schlatt announced, moving to the side to let Tubbo get to the microphone. The crowd applauded and cheered for the young boy as he made his way up. He was a little shaky from the nerves but ultimately wore a large smile on his face.

"Good evening everyone. I would like to start with a story. Once a brilliant man told me our country relates a lot to lettuce. It has many layers that are delicious and healthy and once you give it a good rinse of its dirt and caterpillars it makes a goddamn good meal!"

Y/n sat in her seat a little uncomfortable with how good Tubbo was at his speech, despite the topic being a bit... unusual. It was as if he never pledged his allegiance to Pogtopia. But he would often find himself making eye contact with the woman, reassuring both him and her that the words he spewed were lies.

But in the background, sneaking behind a nearby building, Wilbur and Tommy didn't get this reassurance. Tubbo's speech and actions had become a jumbled mess in their minds. It caused Wilbur to heavily consider just pressing the button and ending everything right then and there. But Tommy still remained hopeful, Techno and Y/n were there too, and surely they haven't forgotten about Pogtopia and who they stood with.

"Our president, Mr. JSchlatt, has done us the good deed of ridding our nation from its insects. Which has allowed our country to shine healthily. Ladies and gentlemen look around at what Schlatt has given us thanks to his leadership and the blessing we call democracy." More cheers echoed around the stage.

"He's extremely good at this," y/n complimented, leaning closer to Techno so he could hear.

"Never took him to be so eloquent," Techno added. A small flashback played in his head. Something about there not being a problem? Or there was? It doesn't matter.