XXIV

Hand In Hand

======================================

A place I never want to leave

======================================

One final stop on their list before Tubbo's grand speech was the dance floor. The two agreed it may be a hot spot for gossip, so they took their chance.

Music was booming through jukeboxes as everyone danced to some upbeat music. Techno and y/n did their best to wiggle their way into the crowd without losing each other. They were dancing along and doing their best to listen in on what people were saying. However, this had to be one of their dumbest ideas. The music was too loud to even hear what the other person was saying let alone a whole dance floor full of people.

Ready to give up, Techno started to try and wiggle back out of the large crowd. But y/n had other plans. If she couldn't find a use for the dance floor besides having fun, then she was gonna do just that. She had started to actually dance around the space she had.

Techno looked at her as she tried her best to just enjoy the music. He was amused at the woman's actions and just stood there watching her. Y/n, displeased with the pinkette's inaction, grabbed his hands and started to dance with him. She pulled and twisted with him until Techno took the hint and started to dance along. The two enjoyed the upbeat music as they danced with one another.

"I think it's about time to slow it down a notch. So, my people! Grab that lovely person of yours and dance the night away," the DJ announced, switching the song to something slower.

The change in atmosphere alarmed the two. Because of their wiggling, y/n and Techno found themselves in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by couples and friends dancing with one another. Some lovingly and some just to fool around.

Part of the group of friends fooling around was none other than Quackity and Schlatt. Immediately, Y/n grabbed hold of Techno and used her head to point in their direction. Flustered, Techno stumbled a bit, almost falling back. His heart raced and he could feel the palms of his hands get clammy.

"Over there," y/n whispered in his ear, pointing to the two again. "Dance me over to them."

The pinkette looked to where she was pointing to find Schlatt dropping Quackity in a failed dip. Techno took the hint and started to move with the beat. He spun and waltzed Y/n over to Schlatt and Quackity who were quickly approaching.

It would be a lie to say Techno was completely focused on this mission. He couldn't help but stare at her figure as she moved so smoothly in his arms. It came as a surprise when they had seemed to completely sync each other's movements with one another. Techno was fascinated by her. Her eyes were closed and she showed a soft smile. But, when Techno watched as her eyes fluttered open and connected with his, butterflies erupted in his stomach.

"We should dance more often," Y/n recommended. "We make quite the pair." Her smile suggested she meant it in a teasing manner. But Techno had taken it all to heart.

"I'd love to. You would look stunning in an actual ball gown."

Y/n's cheeks flushed and her heart started to pound faster than any beat the DJ could have played. But she played it off, thinking he was joking along.

"Oh, whatever. Dress or not I look stunning," she laughed and Techno joined.

He wanted to savor this moment. The pinkette made sure not to miss a single detail of this dance. Sadly, their moment couldn't last forever. Techno felt a tap on his shoulder and stopped. The euphoria he was feeling dropped as he looked back to see who had disrupted their dance.