XXXV

Beyond the Sea

======================================

It has always been you and me...

======================================

Bouncing up and down the people danced and sang as they cheered their love for the moon. It was uplifting and heartwarming for the stoic and sad young man. He sat by Phil on a table that rested on the stage.

The festival was set near the beach. Everyone was there even though it had been dark and extremely late for children. But no one looked tired.

There were children listening to stories told by shadows, adults dancing their hearts out on the dance floor, elderly couples doing the same enjoying the foods set out for everyone. The festival had something for everything. More games were set a little ways away with little prizes.

Just like there always is.

What?

"Good evening everyone!" The mayor called out to the townsfolk. Everyone started to make their way to the stage and listen to what they had said.

The mayor was a plump African-American woman. Her skin shined like dark-chocolate and her eyes shined like pools of honey. Her name was Catherine. She was on the older side but a sweet soul who craved adventure. Techno had the honor of speaking to her throughout the night and learning of the town's history.

"For years we haven't had a Moon festival. But today, we welcome back the tradition along with the people that helped start it, Philza Minecraft and Technoblade!" Mayor Catherine cheered.

The people that started it?

Techno's headache only got worse as the thought lingered in his mind more. He was trying to piece it all together to the best of his abilities. But every attempt remained fruitless.

"Now a few words from Philza as he gets us started with the Reawakening," She motioned towards the elder of the duo. Phil rose gracefully and waved towards the cheering crowd.

"Hello everyone! I would like to thank everyone for jumping on the opportunity to welcome back my old friend with this large event after so long. Again, I ask you all to remain calm and respectful when she arrives. Now, I know it has been a while, but let's see if you remember the signal," Phil said slyly.

Everyone in the crowd then brought their hands in the air, each one making a circle.

"Good job!" Phil clapped. "Let's give her a warm welcome, friends. To the shore!"

Everyone began to cheer as they made their way closer to the ocean. They formed a half circle around a section of the beach a little away from the beachside house.

"You ready?" Phil walked up to Techno.

"For what?" He asked.

"You'll see," His friend smirked.

The duo walked towards the large crowd and made their way into the center of the clearing.

"It'll be the first time you've done this in a while, so I'll stay up here to support you," Everything Phil said only confused Techno more. "Take this," He handed his friend an envelope that had "To the Moonlight" written on it. "When she's out of the water, walk up to her and read this."

"Are you sure I'm meant to do this?" The pinkette panicked.

"You're meant to do this," Phil gave his friend a pat on the back.