#27

Chapter 27

Entry: 20/7/2021

---

"He's what!?" Ratchet yelled. Ioa shushed the mech, letting her sparkmate have some peace and quiet as he communicated with his former mentor. A long moment of silence passed by before Optimus came back from his daze.

"Easy, big guy." Ioa said, holding onto her sparkmate.

"So, did Alpha Trion asked about me?" Smokescreen said, smirking at Optimus. The Prime shook his head and relayed the message and was adamant on retrieving the keys.

More specifically, the Omega Keys.

The Bots were ecstatic on the revival of their home planet, but the feelings were soon to be short-lived when they realised that they would have to leave Earth...leaving their friends behind.

"I feel funny saying this, but I'm not sure if I wanna go back." Arcee said softly.

"Who knew we'd ever get so used to our new home?" Bulkhead added, agreeing with Arcee. Bumblebee beeped along, expressing his concerns too.

:-What about Raf? He's gonna be sparkbroken!-: he said, warbling sadly.

"Yeah, I don't think I'd ever wanna leave Miko." Bulkhead replied, shaking his helm.

"We've made friends here. Family." Arcee chipped in. The trios' dilemma was cut off when Ratchet coldly spoke up, giving his two-cents' worth.

"We could always...text them." He said before focusing back on tinkering with the Star Saber.

"Wow, why didn't we figure that out earlier?" Ioa retorted sarcastically, rolling her optics.

"Besides, I've been fighting for so long. I don't know if I can do anything else." Bulkhead said. Once again, his remarks were shattered by the grumpy medic.

"You could go back into constructions. The power of the ancient may breathe life back into Cybertron's core, but our war-ravaged cities would surely require rebuilding." He said.

"Would it kill you to be nicer to your phrasing, Ratchet?" Ioa sighed, pinching an imaginary nose bridge.

"I'm merely stating the facts. Besides, I'm not wrong." He replied back. The doctor got his helm whacked by said femme, the latter growling as she held her weapon, which was ironically a wrench.

"Try again?"

"Hey! That's mine!" Ratchet whined, grasping his helm in pain. Ioa glared at the doctor, making him rethink his decisions.

"Fine, fine. Sorry!" he relented, mumbling out the apologies begrudgingly.

"That's better." Ioa huffed in satisfaction, giving the old doctor a pat on the back before re-joining the trio.

"I wouldn't make any travel plans just yet. We still have to locate these Omega Keys and secure them before the Cons do." Arcee piped in, firming her gaze. Smokescreen scoffed and voiced in his opinions.

Apparently, the rookie hasn't learned his lesson after getting yelled at by a certain Ioa.

"Pfft, yeah. Like that would be a problem. Optimus has the Star Saber now, Megatron's end is in sight!" he gloated. Ioa groaned, pulling the young mech's audial fins warningly.

"That does NOT mean that we should be taking the situation lightly!" Ioa chided.

"Ow! Ow! No! OW- Stop! I'm sorry!" Smokescreen regretted his words, bending down as he tried to get away from the white and gold medic's hold.