#5

ENTRY:26/5/2021

TW: Heavy angst, traumatised patient.

It has been a week since Ioa fell into a coma. The team although relieved to have their leader back, they were still worried on the unconscious femme. A particular red and blue bot was the most worried of them all, staying up countless nights to accompany the sleeping femme.

As usual the Prime was by her side, taking her servo and grasping it, hoping a sliver of chance she would response. The female medic's paint job was tarnished; specks of dust and claw markings littered her petite frame. Optimus scanned her form slowly, taking in the delicate body of Ioa.

Ioa was about the height of Bumblebee but slender like Arcee. She had jet wings protruding behind her back and wheels on her peds like the Prime. Her headpiece was similar to Arcee, but it was much longer and having a resemblance to a crown. Her torso was gold and white, same with her shoulderplates. The dark blue paint jobs were on her peds, yet again having a similar trait to Optimus.

The Autobot leader was in a gloomy mood, silently observing the injured femme in sorrow. His mind was clouded with so many questions, the main one being Arcee's question. He did not notice his old friend coming closer and jolted in surprise when the mech landed a servo on his shoulderplate.

Slowly, the Prime raised his helm to look at his oldest friend, who was sporting a worried look on his face.

"Optimus, you need to take a rest. Your body needs it." Ratchet advised, concerned for their leader. Optimus shook his helm, not wanting to leave the femme.

"I am not able to fall into recharge knowing that Ioa is injured and yet to online, old friend. I will be fine, please don't worry." Optimus waved the doctor away, adamant on staying by Ioa's side.

Sighing, Ratchet grumbled to the Prime, not liking his leader's stubbornness.

"Ioa's right, you know? You are really stubborn."

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said Ioa is right. You don't know when to quit." Ratchet repeated, not caring if he offended his friend. Optimus needs to rest or he's going to end up like Ioa too. Primus knows how long has it been since the Prime refuelled.

"Ratchet, I-"

"Ep Ep Ep! Doctor's orders! If you don't get some rest Optimus, I fear you will end up the same as Ioa. And if you do, I am going to slice you open!" Ratchet threatened the mech. Nodding in relentment, Optimus laid on the berth next to Ioa.

"What are you doing?"

"Accompanying Ioa."

"That's the med berth, Optimus."

"Yes, I'm well aware."

"Well then, get off!" Ratchet said incredulously, shooing his friend off the berth. Optimus did not budge, still on the berth as he laid down on his side to observe the femme.

"I will be resting here, with Ioa."

"OPTIMUS-"

"Please, Ratchet." Optimus pleaded, not being his usual self. The orange and white medic stopped in his tracks and snapped towards the leader.

It was not everyday you get to see Optimus Prime begging.

Sighing, Ratchet nodded and left him be. The Prime said nothing as he laid beside Ioa, his optics trained on the mech. At long last, Optimus's system caved in and he fell into recharge, sleeping peacefully by the femme's side.

---

The next day...

Ioa slowly onlined her optics to see the base's ceiling. She blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the environment. The femme tried to sit up but ended up whining in pain and laid back down. Her cries woke the sleeping leader up, the Prime swiftly onlined his optics and rushed to her side.