#38

ENTRY: 12/9/2021

TW: Slight gore.

---

Location: Autobot's base (Present Realm)

"U-Uh guys..." Lightblade called out, looking down at her glowing servos. "I-Is this normal?"

"When are you ever normal?" Smokescreen rebutted, raising an optic ridge. Ioa fought the urge to roll her optics as she extended a servo, projecting a message out of the blue.

"Holy crap!" she jumped up, frightened at the pop-up...text.

"Wow." Bulkhead commented, using his digits to poke at the holographic words. "You can do that?" He asked, still touching the fizzling image.

"Beats me either." Ioa muttered, slowly reading the forming text. Her blue optics dimmed with anger as she read through the whole message.

"FRAGGING HELL! SHADOW IS IN DANGER!!" She roared.

"I believe the Cons have found the key's usage." Optimus grimly remarked.

"And I'm guessing you know the Key's purposes too?" Arcee asked, setting a servo on her face and dragged it down. "Why am I not surprised?"

"If I read the message right, Cybertron DOES have a chance on reviving?!" Ratchet exclaimed; dermas parted wide. Turning to Ioa and Optimus, the grumpy medic snapped. "AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN INFORMED US!?"

"I'm clueless about it too...until now."

"It wouldn't be wise to share the location until we had secured all four Keys."

The team went silent as they stared blankly at the two sparkmates.

'Excuses!' was their inner reply.

"L-Look! Whatever this key is, we can't let it fall into the hands of Megatron! B-But..." Ioa casted a hesitant look to the floor. "What about Shadow...?" she murmured, rubbing her arms.

Optimus's optics softened and he spoke up, trying to comfort the femme from her misery.

"We will save both Cybertron and Shadowglyde." He announced.

"She may be ruthless but Shadow did save our afts countless times; we do owe her a big favour." Bulkhead scratched his neck cables.

"Yeah. As much as she was a jackass to us, we would probably be dead by now if it wasn't for her." Arcee scoffed. "She's still mean though."

:- We'll try our best to save her!-: Bumblebee beeped, fist-pumping in the air.

"I don't think I would like to see you floating around the base in your state forever, so let's get Shadow back." Ratchet mumbled, sighing a little.

Ioa beamed up, leaning (hovering) towards her sparkmate as she formed a quiet bond with one another, clicking together like good old days.

"Let's get our girl back!" Ioa declared, waving her servos out as she opened up a groundbridge to their location. "Woah, didn't think it would work. So, I'm not entirely useless at all, am I?" she joked.

"Get your body back, then we'll see." Ratchet muttered.

"Damn it Ratchet, I'm trying to set the mood here!" Ioa huffed, pursing her dermas at the physician before running through the groundbridge with the rest of her team.

"Ratchet, guard the keys." Optimus ordered and went off, leaving the poor bot alone once again. The temperamental bot shook his helm in exasperation, throwing his servos up.