#28

Entry:22/7/2021

---

Optimus's cold gaze bored holes into Ioa, making the femme wince at his stern expression. Ratchet came forward to bring the white and gold medic to the berth, but a servo halted the old doctor's effort.

The Prime came forward and personally carried Ioa to the station, neither spoke a word as he set the femme down. Optimus's feelings, however, was well received by Ioa.

And boy, it wasn't pretty.

The Prime walked off, leaving Ioa to be tended by the medic. Ratchet wielded her wings back, occasional drawing out pained whimpers from Ioa when the old doctor got to a nerve.

"Easy, I'll be done soon..." Ratchet muttered, holding her shoulders done. Ioa nodded, coolants pricking her optics as she stayed still. Though, the tears weren't all from the battle injuries. Rather, it came from the resentment feeling produced by Optimus and shared through the bonds.

'I trusted you...'

'I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-'

'You lied.'

'It's not like that-'

'I believed you...'

'Please, listen to me! I was trying to-'

'You didn't believe in me to save you. Is that it, Ioa?'

"NO!" Ioa said out loud, dripping a few tears at the accusation. The team gave her a look. Ioa recoiled in, looking back down on her servos as she fought the coolants from leaking.

"I'm done, rest your back for now. No more strenuous activity until you heal." Ratchet said, passing the femme a cube of Energon.

Ioa took the cube slowly, feeling drained from the hurting words of a Prime. Chugging it down, Ioa's optics stung and she stood up, walking towards her berthroom. The femme medic stopped by Optimus's quarters, servos hovering in the air as she contemplates on knocking.

Her thoughts were cut off abruptly when the door opened. There stood Optimus, looking down at the injured femme. His blue optics dimmed at the femme's sight, turmoil and hurt clear within his gaze.

"Do you need something?" Optimus asked coolly. Ioa gasped, snapping out of her trance.

"O-Optimus! I-I-"

"If you wish to speak about earlier's attempt at drawing me away from the line of fire, I can only say one thing. Congratulations, you've had me fooled." He said, ready to shut the door on the femme. Ioa blocked the path, wedging her already injured shoulders onto the door, forcing herself into the tiny space as she pleaded the Prime to listen.

In her panicked state, Ioa had missed the flash of worry in Optimus's eyes as he felt a pang of hurt from seeing the femme slammed herself into the door, causing more pain to her wounds.

Even so, the Prime felt...betrayed. He truly believed in his sparkmate's words only to find out that she was still out there, hurt and dealing with his nemesis. ALONE.

"P-Please, I'm sorry...I-I was going to g-get out from there a-already! If- If you had s-stayed, I fear that we both would be i-in grave-"

There it was again, excuses.

The femme's so-called 'WHAT IFS'.

Narrowing his optics, Optimus opened the door slightly wider. Ioa smiled, thinking that he was going to let her in. The Prime came forward and carried her out of the room by her shoulderplates, setting her down in front of his door before slamming it shut in her face.