#9

ENTRY: 31/5/2021

TW: INSOMNIA, CURSING

One week.

ONE FRAGGING WEEK.

 One week of sleepless recharge and still going. Ioa could not fall asleep, she must not. The nightmares haunted and chased after her in her dream and even Shadowglyde could not help her. Her intuition was blaring loudly too, making her feel even worse.

Rubbing her optics tiredly, Ioa trudged her peds on the hallways. It is currently 3am in the morning, and she found herself once again victim to her insomnia. She arrived at the main hangar, only to meet Ratchet typing away diligently on the computer. The mech sensed her presence and gave her a look.

"Why are you up so early?" Ratchet asked, raising an optic ridge on her. Ioa gave him a tired smile and waved him off.

"It's fine, I'm an early bird as the humans would call it." She lied. Ratchet was unconvinced but he did not pursue, continuing on his work. Ioa sighed softly and takes her place at the medical berth, taking out her laptop as she tries to help decode the Iacon relics.

The base once again fell into a peaceful silence as the two bots worked on their own.

---

Timeskip

The kids are now at base. Miko and Raf were playing games on the console while Jack was just hanging around after his share of battle with Miko. The human boy was looking around boredly until his gaze fell onto Ioa. The femme was barely able to keep her optics open yet she refuses to fall into stasis.

Noticing the boy's gaze, Ioa gave him a reassuring smile before a signal went off. Fowler came in, his tone angry as he yelled at team Prime to settle a fight between Wheeljack and a new Decepticon.

Ioa stayed back with Ratchet, getting the medbay ready just in case. A few moments later, the team returned with another bot.

'This must be the Wheeljack they are talking about.' Lightblade thought, Shadowglyde nodding in her mind.

They worked on patching up the Wrecker, the mech fidgeting as they heal him. "Hold still, will ya?" Ratchet growled, cauterising his arm wounds as Ioa mends his back. The Wrecker was impatient before he landed a gaze on Ioa.

"Never seen you here before, what's ya name sunshine?" Wheeljack gave her a smirk. Ioa smiled at the mech before taking over Ratchet's place, the medic went to retrieve a disinfectant.

"Lightblade Ioa, but you may call me Ioa." She said, patching up his arm wounds gently. Wheeljack sighed in delight as he tries to flirt with her, temporarily forgetting his resentment with Dreadwing.

"Thank Primus you took over, the old medic was really rough with me. Can you patch the rest of me up sweetspark? I'll promise to be good and stay real still." he purred, leaning in at the femme medic. Ioa was speechless until a wrench knocked onto Wheeljack's helm, ceasing the Wrecker's attempt to flirt with Ioa.

"What was that for doc?!" Wheeljack hissed, cradling his helm in pain. Ioa immediately went to check on him, earning a smirk from the mech as he tries to play victim.

"It hurts Ioa, the doctor's being mean! I don't want him treating me, can you please do the rest of the patching up?" Wheeljack whined, tugging the femme's arms. Ioa sighed as she turned to look at Ratchet who was fuming, the grumpy medic growling in annoyance at the Wrecker.

"Firstly, the name's Ratchet, not Doc! Secondly, will you stay put for the love of Primus? Your fidgeting is what caused your pain, not my medical treatment you lugnut! Also, stop flirting with Ioa you annoying scrap!" Ratchet hissed, optic ridge creasing in anger as he waved his wrench dangerously at Wheeljack.