#11

ENTRY:3/6/2021

A/N: Please listen to the song attached above for extra feels, thank you.

TW: Insomnia, insecurities, self-doubt, nightmares about death.

~~~

MEANWHILE WITH IOA AND OPTIMUS...

Ioa sighed and turned around, crossing her arms in front of her chassis as she glares at the Autobot leader. Optimus gave her a flat look, not bothered with her stare.

"Is there a problem, sir?" Ioa rolled her optics, her tone grumpy and tired. Optimus nods and frowns at the medic.

"Actually-" "It's a rhetorical question, Optimus."

Sighing, Optimus placed a servo on her shoulderplates, hoping the femme would tell him her problems.

"May I know what made you avoid recharge so badly Ioa?" he asked tenderly, his optics shoned with care and worry.

"Like Arcee said, spark terrors. Now excuse me, I'm going to my berthroom." Ioa huffed and continued her way. Optimus was still following her like a lost puppy, which annoyed Ioa even more.

"Look Optimus, with all due respect, can you drop the subject?"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"I said no." Optimus said coolly and dragged Ioa to the opposite direction. Optimus did not budge as he brought Ioa to his room. The leader set her down on his berth as he demanded answers from the femme.

Usually, the mech would let his teammates cool down and pry, but she was different. Ioa made him worry so much that he just could not help but force his way.

"Are all Primes really stubborn or is it just you, Optimus?" Ioa could not help but smile at the red and blue mech. Optimus offered a small smirk in reply as he managed to crack the femme.

Giving up, Ioa spilt the truth.

"I...It's horrible, really. The spark terrors were always the same, no matter when or where. It's just me running in circles as... the Decepticons chased after me. We- I mean our team- would be found dead by the side, decapitated. I tried to assure myself it's not real, only to find myself succumbing to these horrifying nightmares! I'm sorry Optimus, I know it sounds foolish-" Ioa gripped the berth sheets tightly as coolants leaked out from her optics.

"-but I can't help myself... I did everything to calm myself down, it doesn't work, thus I opted to not go into recharge." Ioa felt so embarrassed. She knew that these were just dreams but it has been going on for so long that it has been affecting her.

"I'm sorry for causing you guys to worry, I assumed it would be over soon..." Ioa dipped her helm in shame, looking away from her leader. Without a warning, she was pulled into a hug by the Prime. 

The embrace melted away the rest of her insecurities and she gave in, dropping her guard as she released her pent-up frustration by crying into his embrace.

"I hate this..." Ioa sobbed. Optimus said nothing as he lets her vents out all of the negative emotions. It took a while, but Ioa managed to calm down finally. Looking up to her leader, she cracked a small smile to the Prime.

"Thanks big guy, I needed that." Ioa said, hugging the mech. Optimus looked down at the femme, happy that she finally spoke up about what was eating her on the inside.

"You're welcome, young one. Rest assured, your spark terrors aren't of any way a laughing matter, rather it takes a great deal of strength to overcome such barrier." Optimus said, stroking Ioa's back lightly. The femme yawned as she subconsciously snuggled in with the big leader.