#7

ENTRY: 29/5/2021

A/N: THIS BOOK MAY OR MAY NOT FOLLOW THE ORIGINAL PLOT SO UM YEAH JUST A HEADS UP, OKAY?

Ioa was feeling much better after her incident. Shadowglyde explained everything and gave her back the memories via their dream, which she was very thankful for.

Currently, the white and gold medic is sitting quietly on the medical berth. The team decided that the medical berth was her favourite spot if there was no one injured and they let her be. Optimus was out scouting alone, leaving Ioa and Ratchet at base. The kids were enjoying their time with their respective charges.

The peaceful atmosphere was broken when Optimus's voice came through the comm link.

"Ratchet, I require a groundbridge NOW!" Optimus said urgently. There were some explosions in the background. Ratchet quickly retrieved his coordinates and bridged him back. The red and blue bot was in his alt form, skidding inside the base just in time to be nicked by the explosions.

"What happened?" Ratchet demanded. Optimus still did not change his form. There was a hesitancy in the leader that unnerved the two medics. Ioa stepped towards his vehicle mode, gently patting the hood of the semi-truck.

"You can transform now, big guy." Ioa said.

No response.

Ioa turned to give Ratchet a look, but she was stopped by a very meek voice from Optimus.

"Please help me, I-I seem to be stuck in this mode..." Ioa swore she heard a tinge of embarrassment from the leader. Ratchet guide the Prime towards the medical berth and scanned him.

"It seems like your pistons are getting rusty, old friend." Ratchet said amusedly, and Ioa stifled a snicker. The leader was glad the other teammates were gone, or he will never live this down. Optimus groaned softly, but his baritone growling was clear to everyone's audials and they both laughed.

"What could have cause this...?" Optimus asked, embarrassed at this unfortunate event.

He was scouting energon when he was ambushed by two Vehicons. He managed to change into his protoform and finish the two before collecting the fuel. He managed to snag a few before more showed up. Optimus was about to fight them when all of a sudden, he involuntarily transformed into his vehicle mode. He tried many times to shift back but found himself unable to. The Vehicons thought he was running away and started firing at the Autobot leader, who then requested for an emergency groundbridge.

Sighing, Ioa suggested Optimus to turn on his holoform for the time being while Ratchet worked on repairing him. Optimus obliged, his human form coming out of the truck's cabin sheepishly. Ioa and Ratchet could not help but smirk at the tiny fellow who was trying his best to glare at them.

"Not a word of this to the rest of the team." Optimus warned, huffing in annoyance. Only in front of these two bots, will he ever drop the emotionless barrier. This was the time when he was something like Jack's attitude.

"I don't think it's possible, they are returning soon and I'm pretty sure the kids will question your choice on remaining vehicle form." Ioa mused. She thought for a moment before smilling. She transformed into her Maserati and activated her holoform, stepping out of the car.

Ratchet and Optimus both raised their optic ridges/eyebrows in confusion.

"If the kids return, just tell them you are doing a check-up on Optimus and he's in holoform, scouting with Ioa," The femme said nonchalantly to Ratchet. It was a half lie, so it sounded plausible. Optimus and Ratchet look at one another, silently conversing.