30 | Safe in your arms

Chapter 30 - Safe in your arms

Marinette's POV:

The guilt was starting to kick in.

I know Mackenzie deserved every spoken word against her but it felt too mean. I was too mean.

I shouldn't have said some of the things. They should've stayed in my thoughts. I couldn't help but slightly worry about what Mackenzie would do to me.

Yes I had the confidence like an hour ago but now all that confidence has faded. It's been replaced with fear.

But I couldn't let anyone see that.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. I was absolutely relieved. I needed to get home and distract myself from the guilt.

I seriously could've handled the situation better but no. I decided to argue with Mackenzie. The girl who literally had the power to get me kicked out of school for something that wasn't even my fault. Or could publicly humiliate me, both in person and on social media.

I quickly made my way to my locker to take the necessary books home and to swap out the unnecessary books.

Just as I was going to turn and exit, Alya and Chloe appeared out of nowhere.

"Girl, you need to explain this." Alya raised a brow at me as she showed me a video someone recorded of me roasting Mackenzie.

People recorded it? Of course they did.

That just makes this whole situation better. Not only was she embarrassed in school but on social media as well. That is definitely going to affect her following.

"What? Someone needed to put her back in her place so I did. Besides, she thinks she can always do what she wants and get what she wants. She treats others like trash and I was not gonna let her continue to get on my nerves." I shrugged, trying my hardest to sound unbothered.

"Okay girl, I see you." Chloe applauded me.

"Yess girl, you show her who's boss." Alya cheered. We all looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"However, you do realise that you've just declared war between you and her right?" Chloe spoked seriously. "The last time someone did something like that to her, she got them kicked out of the school the next day."

"Oh. Ummm..." I scratched my head.

Well thanks for the encouragement. It's exactly what I needed.

"Trust me, I had history with Mackenzie before she got to this level of psycho. You need to watch your back and try to stay as far away from her." Chloe warned me.

"Noted." I nodded at her. I closed my locker and the three of us began making our way out of the building.

"Have you thought about the dance yet?" Alya asked curiously.

"No...not really..." I replied with a straight face. I mean Adrien kind of asked or told me we are going but I still haven't thought about it like that.

"We really want you to come but don't feel forced or pressured to go if you really don't want to" Alya continued.

"I'll think about it," I smiled. 

"We are planning to do a bit of dress shopping on Wednesday so make sure you make your decision by then." Chloe smiled as we reached the car park.

"Don't worry, I will." I smiled as I started walking over to where I had parked my car.

Alya saw that I wasn't walking with the two to her car. "Are you not coming with us?" She asked.

"Oh, today I drove in my new car." I winked at the girls.