19 | Mental health check

Chapter 19 - Mental health check

Marinette's POV:

As soon as we arrived at the apartments, Adrien parked his car in his garage then quickly came out of the car to open the door for me.

Such a gentleman

I giggled at his antics before stepping out of the car. I thanked Adrien before holding his hand.

Adrien looked down at our hands with a shocked expression before looking at me with a small smile on his face.

We walked to the entrance of the apartments and went straight to the elevators. I got my phone out and took pictures of me and Adrien together in the elevator mirror.

When we reached my apartment floor, we stepped out of the elevator and walked until we reached my apartment.

I looked in my bags for my keys then began unlocking the door. "Do you want me to come in with you?" Adrien asked.

I paused what I was doing before turning to face him. "Is it okay if I just have some time to myself?"

I really wanted to stay with Adrien and to be in his embrace but my mental health was my biggest priority at this moment in time.

It's not fair of me to get Adrien to sort out all of my problems and issues when I should be facing them myself.

I've already troubled him with my problems so many times, I can't keep doing it to him.

"Of course princess," Adrien smiled understandingly.

Now I feel bad. He wants to spend time with me but I'm the one saying no.

"I'll invite you over a bit later." I looked down at my shoes trying to hide my guilty expression.

"If you need anything and I mean absolutely anything then call me or text me and I'll be there straight away ok?" Adrien frowned as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

My gosh, his hands are so warm. Yet your body is as cold as Antarctica right now.

I smiled. "Okay I'll keep that in mind. Oh and Adrien?"

"Yea?"

"Thank you"

"Anything for you M'lady." Adrien winked before walking away.

M'lady? That's a new one.

I shook my head at my thoughts before entering my apartment.

One thing I loved about my apartment was that I always cleaned it so that I could always come home to a clean place. It makes me feel good inside.

I took off my shoes at my front door and placed them on the side before stepping into my sliders.

Slowly but surely, I went into my room and carefully placed my bag on the floor before walking to my wardrobe and changing into something more comfortable.

I decided to keep my cropped sweater vest on but I took my jeans off and replaced them with some plain black leggings. I put my hair into a messy bun before putting my phone on my bedside table and climbing into my bed.

I grabbed my diary and a pen and began writing.

Many people think that having a diary is "babyish" but for me having a diary is a perfect way to track my mental health and to record all the memories I've made. Writing in my diary helps me to express myself, I personally enjoy doing it.

Ever since I started writing in my diary and also doing some journaling, my mental health has really gotten better.

I often used to keep all my bad thoughts and feelings to myself because I didn't want to bother people with my problems because I often felt like a burden to them. So writing in a Diary was my only option. It didn't bother anyone and I was the only person that would read it.