4 | School nerves

Chapter 4 - School nerves

Marinette's POV

Today was the first day of the new school term.

My first day of classes.

I feel nervous but also excited.

I made it my number one priority to make sure I woke up on time. I mean I do love to sleep but I don't think oversleeping would be a good thing.

Especially not on the first day.

In my previous school. I had the privilege of waking up 20 mins before the bell rang since I lived near to the school. Unfortunately I don't have that Privilege anymore because The school is a 15 min walk away from the apartments.

It would be faster to take a car but I d0n't have one.

I can't be bothered to get one either.

There is the option to get transport via the school bus but the school bus comes to pick you up quite early and if you don't get there by a certain time then it will go off without you.

I'd rather not be rushed in the mornings.

I like to take my time.

I also don't mind walking. I like having the time to just walk around quietly while listening to music at a low volume and just looking at the nature around me.

I set my alarm for 6:30am. School didn't start until 8.30am but breakfast started at 8am.

I'm not really a fan of waking up early so I needed to train my body to actually wake up on time.

I can't continue snoozing my alarms.

Not whilst I'm here at least.

Luckily for me, Chloe was still asleep meaning I had time to update my diary.

I know people say diaries are for baby's but I like keeping a diary. It helps me to monitor my thoughts and feelings and it also helps me to remember the different types of events that have occurred in my life.

I also like to keep a journal, just so I could write my to-do list so that I could stay organised.

Organisation is key.

I knew for a fact that I needed to call my parents. I know they would want to see the apartment and also I needed to tell them about Luka.

I absolutely can't wait for that conversation.

If my dad was here right now, I just know he would rip him into pieces.

After I finished updating my diary, I went to the bathroom and had a shower.

Personally I'm more of a bath person but I like to have my baths in the evening when I have more time.

Once I finished my shower, I went ahead and started my skincare routine. I didn't really put too many products on my skin since I don't have breakouts anymore.

I normally just put hyaluronic acid, moisturiser and sunscreen.

Once I finished my skincare, I returned to my room to start picking out an outfit.

I need an outfit that makes an impression.

But it still needs to have something that says 'Marinette'

I picked out a beige Nike sweater and a beige pencil skirt to match. I was really feeling the brown vibes today.

I put a beige crop top under my sweater in case I got too hot. I also got some white air forces with small brown butterflies on the sides to match with the outfit.