18 | Jealousy

Chapter 18 - Jealousy

Marinette's POV

After staying in the principal's office for a while, me and Adrien started preparing for lesson 1.

I had art for the first lesson so I needed to stop at my locker to get some things.

Adrien decided to kindly walk me to my classes. He dropped me off at art class before heading to his first lesson.

As soon as I entered my classroom, I walked to my seat and ignored the gaze of my classmates. I knew they were talking about me being in Adrien's car and I didn't want to hear what they had to say.

My art teacher began her lesson after taking the attendance call. She gave us the theme of drawing something calming.

I decided to draw nature because it was the one thing that calmed me down, I found it very calming.

I decided to do the drawing in pencil today. I wanted to focus on details as well as the quality of the work.

I immediately started sketching a rough drawing of mountains and a river. Once the rough idea was done, I began adding the details.

My art teacher came to my desk and looked at my work. She was definitely impressed. She always used to come to my desk and watch me draw since she adored my pictures.

She always gave me A+ on my art work. It was nice to know that people liked my art. It made me confident that they would like my designs as well.

Once my lesson was over, I handed in my work to my teacher and said goodbye before exiting the room.

I liked my art teacher, we could have genuine conversations about things. She is definitely one of those teachers that I like to go to in my spare time to see how she is.

I walked out of the art room but I was immediately surrounded by a group of girls.

"Look at her, she thinks she's all that." One girl scoffed.

"I know right, she looks so ugly." Another girl joined in.

Ugly? The only ugly thing I see there is that pile of makeup on her face.

Okay that's rude.

Look at her tho. Her fake tan looks ridiculous. She didn't even wash it off properly.

"Her clothes are so last year," Another girl chimed in.

What's wrong with my clothes? I think I look decent. At least I'm not wearing Adidas leggings with an adidas shirt and jumper.

That's not style darling.

"What does he even see in her? She's so worthless."

Okay that's enough.

"Can I help you?" I rolled my eyes.

Can I not walk to my own locker without some peace now?

"No but we can. Let us give you a word of advice, stay away from Adrien. He belongs to us." One girl snapped as she got all in my face.

Very unnecessary might I add.

"Ok three things. First of all he's not yours, second of all he doesn't even care about you guys or even acknowledge your existence and third of all get out of my face." I rolled my eyes.

"Look who's talking miss "I only got accepted because of a stupid scholarship." You don't even have the money to be here. You don't belong here. Us rich people don't need a low life like you." The girls laughed.